OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE 2

Started by Abryant7, April 15, 2014, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abryant7

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a new turkey gun and wanted some opinions on the SBE 2? Thanks

mightyjoeyoung

If you have the cash, go for it.  They'll pattern as well or better than any remmy and you have the added bonus of true reliability.  I love mine and use it for everything.  Bunnies, waterfowl and turkeys.  I run a 24" bbl with a Pure Gold .670 and hevi shot 3.5/2.25/6s and she'll hang with any turkey gun in the woods.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

bigbird

I have one, and if were to do it all over again I wouldn't buy one! Don't get me wrong they're nice guns, but for less $$$ you can buy a gun of equal or better quality! If your hell bent to get one and you feel like anything else would be just settling than get one! They are a nice gun, I do like mine but the major gripe you'll read on here is the poi isn't good with those guns for the price. Mine was ok with the old jellyhead tubes and comp n choke tube but after I choked it down a bit more I noticed my poa and poi were way off! It was an easy fix with a truglo red dot sight now it's right on the money. Good luck in your decision don't let me scare you off, every guns different and not all will shoot as good or bad as others! Be safe!

Abryant7

Thanks guys for the thoughts. I'm not dead set on one but I know benelli makes a reliable long lasting gun that can be used for generally everything and that's what I'm looking for. Bigbird if you had to do it over again what would you purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

870FaceLift

I love mine and will never get rid of it, but I did have POI/POA issues.  I fixed it with a speedbead and a FF3, but I was in trouble without that.  Even mentioning that, I'd do it all over again in an instant though.  The SBE2 is lightweight, reliable, and it shouldered better for me than anything else I looked at.
Pass it on...

nyhunter

I have 1 and I would never buy another 1. There way over priced and they do not pattern as good as other gun's. I have 3 Remington's and all 3 will out pattern my overpriced SBE 2 hands down. On top of the the over pricing the camo finish is about as cheap as you can get it will come right off I guarantee it. I also had POA/POI issues with my $1600.00 dollar SBE2. And forget about customer service you might as well talk to the wall. 

Borden811

I've had my SBEII since the day they hit the market. I hunt the crap out of it. Duck, goose, turkey, predators, etc. in and out of boats, in mud, banged around etc. there are two little nicks in the camo. The soft gel recoil pad has some "shredding" going on from briars and whatnot. Other than that, it looks like the day I bought it. Lucky for me, mine patterned my turkey loads about 4 inches high, windage perfect, straight out of the box. Not until I put a steadygrip on it did I need adjustable sights. Mine patterns as well as any gun out there, no doubt(yes, I'm sure there are exceptions that are markedly better, but mine will gang with the bulk of them). You couldn't give me three of ANY other gun for mine. I've never had a failure of any kind, but I do take care of it, cleaning wise. I just posted some patterns in the pattern section if you want an idea of how one can shoot.

highcj5

I just bought one from dunn's when they had them on sale.  love the gun so far.  they are expensive, but for right now, I would not trade it for anything.  get what feels good to you.  what works for some might not work to you.  I thought the gun shouldered great.     :turkey2:

chipper

For a little less money check out a Winchester SX3, Browning Silver , or Browning Maxxus , all are softer shooting and should pattern better or set up easier with the .742 over bored  barrels.

Abryant7

Thanks I will check those out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beagler

I love my SBE 2. My Mossberg 835 patterns better but I still love my Benelli.

Never Misses

CrustyRusty

I sold my sbe2 and bought a maxus.  The
Maxus was easier to pattern, shot poa and has less felt recoil.  My maxus happens to be the best patterning turkey gun I've ever owned.  Having said that, I have to say I miss my sbe2. 
But I wouldn't go back because the maxus just shoots that nicely.  Either way the sbe is an awesome gun and would serve you well. 

reynolds243

I love mine and wouldn't own anything but a benelli these days. Mine has zero issues with poi and recoil is no different to me then my buddies beretta.

budtripp

I love mine. Shoots a touch high but thats not just a Benelli thing as my 870 shot off to the right with just beads. Plus it swings and shoulders so nice. I shoot it better on flying game than any other shotgun I've owned.

reynolds243

it had no issue blowing this ol boy up this morning