OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Back from a successful trip to Texas

Started by memert116, April 13, 2014, 08:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memert116

Had an awesome first trip to Texas....definitely will not be my last.... :icon_thumright:

DirtNap647

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

JVA54

boomer

RIO GRANDE MAN

JALA Strut

Nice...Congrats! Did you get to use that new owl hooter down there?

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Congrats on a great bird!

Nothing like the feeling of LEAVING Texas! :funnyturkey:  Sorry, spent too much time in Oklahoma!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

beagler

Never Misses

memert116

Quote from: JALA Strut on April 14, 2014, 08:06:39 AM
Nice...Congrats! Did you get to use that new owl hooter down there?

Thanks!!  No, they said they don't have owls in that part of Texas.  Them Rio's are so vocal (once they turned on) and the roosting areas are so defined that you don't really need a locator call.  I am headed for SC on Wednesday and will use it there... :)

memert116

Quote from: jblackburn on April 14, 2014, 11:39:13 AM
Congrats on a great bird!

Nothing like the feeling of LEAVING Texas! :funnyturkey:  Sorry, spent too much time in Oklahoma!

HA!!  I'm pretty sure Texas would be abandoned if it weren't for the turkey and deer.... :)   Just kidding, I met a lot of really nice people and dedicated hunters on this trip.   I would like to try turkeys in OK....hint, hint.....lol

memert116

Thanks everyone!  Was an awesome trip.  3/4 of the way to a double slam.....just gotta take two Osceola's next year.... :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn