OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hot Hen Slate #1 (Update #2)

Started by Tom Dooley, April 12, 2014, 09:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

Opening day Kentucky gobbler goes down to my new Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate. This is the first one to go down to this call but Lord willing it wont be the last. Thanks to Lonnie for making turkey killing calls.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

WV Ridge Reaper

May I ask what striker you was using ?

DirtNap647

TJK68

Congrats, nice job! Love Lonnie's calls.

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Tom Dooley

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 12, 2014, 09:50:36 PM
May I ask what striker you was using ?

I was using an old HS Strut Rosewood striker. This has been a good all around striker for me. I would like to have another but I don't think they make them anymore.

WV Ridge Reaper

Ok well reason I asked,my buddy bought me and him a hot hen...Well Supposley Lonnie sent us his "new" strikers.

Well these new strikers make this call have a squeal,my buddy said to take some dry wall screen and kind work with it until I got that squeal out of it and I haven't been able to do.

I have found that my IPE and Yellow heart sound better but not what I was hoping for.

I love the call just wish I could find that magical striker to talk like I know it should.

Tom Dooley

My son uses a 1 piece Knight and Hale striker that works good on his. I have found that mine sounds better when I loosen my grip a little in the striker.

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks!! Sorry for hi jacking your thread..Great bird !!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your first gobbler with that call!! I hope you get many more with it!! :icon_thumright:

land cruiser

Great bird,  congrats. 

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

spur collector

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 12, 2014, 11:55:48 PM
Congrats on your first gobbler with that call!! I hope you get many more with it!! :icon_thumright:
^^^This.... Congrats....