turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos tight wad ?

Started by Hitman 23, April 11, 2014, 03:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman 23

What is a good load for a primos tight wad choke. 

msgobblergetter

Federal heavy weight 7's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrustyRusty

MS is right on with that.  Although hevi 7's aren't bad but given the two the federal load wins hands down.

noggin buster

I shoot 3" mag blends out of my 870 20g with the tightwad.  Great 30 yard hunting pattern.

magnumgray

Mine likes hevi loads .... but an oddity is that it shoots  Kent turkey loads well at 35Yds. This is in a tri star setter o/u .... if I can get the open barrel to shoot better I May have it dipped.  Basket ball   sizedkilling patterns  at 20 yards ... and super tight for those 35+ birds....

Tom Foolery

Mine also shoots the 3" 1.25oz Hevi #6's excellent, 120-130 in the 10" @ 42yds.

surehuntsalot

I have a Tightwad for my 20ga 870 youth gun,this combo loves the 20ga magblends
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bamagtrdude

I've used a Tight Wad choke tube for years (granted, in a 12g) - they like a blended shell...  I recently tried LongBeards, and - didn't like 'em so good...  I've got some custom, blended shells I'm using up; when they're done, I'm gonna go w/MagBlends...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

msgobblergetter

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 14, 2014, 10:52:40 AM
I've used a Tight Wad choke tube for years (granted, in a 12g) - they like a blended shell...  I recently tried LongBeards, and - didn't like 'em so good...  I've got some custom, blended shells I'm using up; when they're done, I'm gonna go w/MagBlends...

Tight wad is totally a different monster in 12 ga. compared to the 20 ga.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: msgobblergetter on April 15, 2014, 12:15:55 AM

Good or bad?  I see the constriction is a lot tighter, but then again, I guess it would have to be for a 20g.  Have you used one before in a 20g?
---

msgobblergetter

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 15, 2014, 06:58:53 AM
Quote from: msgobblergetter on April 15, 2014, 12:15:55 AM

Good or bad?  I see the constriction is a lot tighter, but then again, I guess it would have to be for a 20g.  Have you used one before in a 20g?

I shoot the .570 tight wad in my 1187 20ga with fed hw. Oddly enough, it did much better than the Hastings .562, rem super full, tg ssx and slightly better than the pg .570. My barrel is 26" highly polished. I get 170-180 consistently at 40 with hw 7's.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: msgobblergetter on April 15, 2014, 09:27:02 AM
I shoot the .570 tight wad in my 1187 20ga with fed hw. Oddly enough, it did much better than the Hastings .562, rem super full, tg ssx and slightly better than the pg .570. My barrel is 26" highly polished. I get 170-180 consistently at 40 with hw 7's.

10-4, sounds awesome!
---

steveo

Fed HW 7s out of that choke in a Moss 20g for my daughter has been awesome!.

FL-Boss

Intresting.. these tightwad choke have ports correct?  Won't that mess with the FC wad in the Fed HW loads?   I thought ports were a no no...   but it sounds like it's working..

surehuntsalot

can't explain it,but ports in some chokes seem to work with the FC shells,while others don't do very well at all with them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase