turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Im happy with this one

Started by imp, April 11, 2014, 11:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imp

Left the house this morning for my favorite BLM at 5:00am. I was set up by 5:30, started hearing gobbles right away. I may have started calling a little to early, but eventually I started getting some responses. I was set up against the big fallen tree in the back ground, 2 Hens and the Jake decoy. I think this might be the same bird I was working last week when that BOZO herded his horses up on me, cant be sure of course, but he came from the exact same place. Once he saw the Jake he came in strutting and all puffed up. Boom! Game over. 19.5 lbs, spurs are 1 1/16 on one side and 15/16 on the other. Decent fan, not wall hanger quality, but a good replacement for the old decoy. Beard was real weird looking, only 6inches long and the bottom was bleached blonde, maybe it had gotten frozen and broke off during that early super cold snap before xmas.
"well, other than the occasional proffer of wisdom or sound advice, mostly my job is to walk around and animadvert the
situational happenings."

DirtNap647

boomer

csgrizz

It's amazing what you can accomplish when your not being overrun by horses! 

Congrats on a great bird.

CS

appalachianstruttstopper

:icon_thumright:  Hope the BOZO learned a lesson. Can't stand self centered "own it all" kind of jerks.

JuniorPre 360

Not a wall hanger?!?! It would look great on mine! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great hunt!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

spur collector

Turkeyfan

FullChoke

Congratulations on a nice bird.

BTW, If you're happy with this one, I would hate to see what you look like when you ain't.  :( :chucknorris:   ???

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

learn2hide

shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

JVA54

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a good looking bird, and some redemption!! :icon_thumright: