turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobblewhaaat?

Started by TnRidgeRunner, April 10, 2014, 11:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnRidgeRunner

So... fun question, how many of you gobble with a diaphram? And if you can, can you do it when your under pressure? i.e. the birds hung up and you wanna give him a little extra to think about.

The reason I ask is that I've learned to do it this year out of boredom driving to work and back with a call in my mouth...I'm a champ in the car, but when it's on the line (in front of pretty well anyone) my tongue forgets it's not made out of wood.

spur collector

I've been doing it for a long time. It comes in handy from time to time.

jblackburn

I'm working on it, but don't feel it is good enough yet.  I have gobbled at a few with my voice that have turned around to meet a load of 6s.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

I actually like the haint

Gooserbat

I use a box call but I have a friend who can out gobble a gobbler. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 11, 2014, 10:32:02 AM
I use a box call but I have a friend who can out gobble a gobbler. 

+1, and I have/use a Hale Fire
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

appalachianstruttstopper

I like to gobble with a mouth call, it is alot less movement than a box or shaker and I can get the call back in my mouth really quick with mimimal movement to answer my gobble. Also gobble with my voice with same results. Has worked wonders on late season weary birds.

TnRidgeRunner

"and I can get the call back in my mouth really quick with mimimal movement to answer my gobble".... How are you doing it with the call outside of your mouth?

Tom Foolery

I had one hung up last year, would not budge, so I flipped my mouth call out and gobbled at him.  He triple gobbled and came on a march, unfortunately I had to shoot a different bird out of self defense as it was literally sprinting at me from my right. 

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TnRidgeRunner on April 10, 2014, 11:04:25 PMI'm a champ in the car, but when it's on the line (in front of pretty well anyone) my tongue forgets it's not made out of wood.
I'm good with my diaphragm, slate and box, but any other new calls and I'm just like you!! :lol: