turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Figured Birch Push Pin Call

Started by Austy, April 09, 2014, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

Had a friend ask me a while back if I could make a Push Pin call for his mother.  I've never made one of these before so I had a few hurdles to get over and learned allot in the process and still have allot more to learn.  I wanted to stay away from a glued box just to be a little different.  The box on this call is Figured Birch and is all one piece.  The inside and outside of the box have a 5 degree angle with a ledge all the way around the outside of the box like a box call.  The call has a cherry striker inside of the box screwed to the bottom with a black walnut paddle with a piece of slate attached to the bottom of it.  I added some wood burning to the call and wanted to add some color to the art work just to make it pop a little, first time I've done that.

Soundfile 

I took this call to work with me last night and this am I went to two developments where the turkeys never leave the houses and can't be hunted to see how the wild birds would like the sound of this new call.  I had 5 different gobblers cutting me off as I was testing this call out so needless to say I am very happy.

Thanks for the look and would like to know what you guys/gals think of the sound on this one.

callmakerman

Austy

I saw in another post that Old Gobbler (Shannon) made that he reported that his coffin style calls are very labor intensive!!!  After making one of these calls all I can say is that is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!  I have more hours into this call than I care to mention but in the end it all came together..  I also want to thank OG for his help with my project..