turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby 20ga numbers

Started by FL-Boss, April 08, 2014, 06:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Got a new Weatherby SA-459.. All I shoot is Federal #7, HW, 3in.  Here is the only shot I took with the Sumtoy choke... to no surprise it had the best 10in numbers at 40 yards.  Incredible 196 hits.   But my actual hunting choke may be a Carlson .585  -  it shot 156... a little more open is what I like for actual hunting.

surehuntsalot

unbelievable pattern
good looking turkey gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BandedSpur

Probably the correct decision. The Sumtoy pattern is amazing, but there is a price to be paid for the super high 10 count.

gophert

I totally dig that gun!!!!!  That pattern's not too shabby either!

FL-Boss

I'm surprised a lot more folks don't have one of these Weatherby's .  they make them in both 12 & 20GA... auto and pump.  The gun is set up perfect right out of the box.  nice short barrel, pistol grip, camo, and sights on pic rail mount.  Gun is a joy to carry.  All I had to do was add my sling..

TrackeySauresRex

Sweet rig and pattern for sure  :icon_thumright: I'm diggin the mothwing!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

savduck

Ive been pushing the weatherby SA08 20 gauge for a while now with the sum toy 562-5. We have a small cult following on here now of guys that own them. I love mine and think its the best value out there in a shotgun right now.
Georgia Boy

Sandfly

I bought the SA-08 this year and love it! Killed one so far this year and he didn't flinch. Sumtoy 562-5, so light and fit is perfect.

WyoHunter

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 09, 2014, 01:38:12 PM
I'm surprised a lot more folks don't have one of these Weatherby's .  they make them in both 12 & 20GA... auto and pump.  The gun is set up perfect right out of the box.  nice short barrel, pistol grip, camo, and sights on pic rail mount.  Gun is a joy to carry.  All I had to do was add my sling..
Good gun at a great price IMO. Gun reviews I've read have all been positive.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

BowBendr

FLBoss....if you don't mind me asking, what was the o-t-d price on that particular model ?

Very nice gun and patterns.  :icon_thumright:

ltprod

FL-Boss

just over $600 when you add shipping, background, etc.