only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester double x shells ?

Started by Roughneck, April 07, 2014, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roughneck

Can anybody tell me if they gave tried them and what u think about thanks

cluck

The red 3" #6s put 120 to 130 in a ten inch circle at 40 yds from a 12 ga. 870 rem. with a 28" barrel and ventalator choke. And for about $12.00 for a box of ten shells. Can't beatem.   cluck

cluck

I'am talking super x in a gray box. But their is a win. double x in a black box. It to is a good if not better shell than the super x. Just have to tryem. They are a few bucks more.   cluck

WV Ridge Reaper

I run them out of my 20 gauge Mossburg 500 with a IC 555 132 at 35 yards..That's with the number 5s pretty impressive for number 5s from a 20 gauge is you ask me.

My buddy has ran them for years in his 12 gauge benelli m2 and has killed more birds then anyone I know.

bmhern

I used  them and supremes for years, they both did very well out of my win. 1300 with comp n choke 655.

Longshanks

Do they still make the XX 2 ounce loads in 3"(red shell) and super- x 1 7/8 3".(red shell) The only loads I've been seeing around are the HV 3" loads in a black box (black shell)  they are calling XX. (1 3/4 ounce). Confusing.

surehuntsalot

They had done some repackaging,they still make the 2oz shells,but they are in a black box,the 1-3/4oz HV shells are also in a black box and the 1-7/8oz red shells are still in the grey box.All great turkey killers
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

d.winsor

I don't know about all this re-packaging that everyone is saying winchester did with the supreme shells.  The supreme shells were one of the best shells made and used by many, they didn't have to re-package the supreme just to sell more.  The supreme sold themselves.  It is unlogical for a company to change the box, the name on the shell, and call it Double X, All that cost money, which they would not have had to spend otherwise.  As far as I am concerned they do not make the Supreme shell anymore.  I think they changed something to make the shell cheaper and make more money selling it.  I am not going to say the Double X is not a good shell, but it is not the supreme.  You can not buy a supreme shell anymore.  That is not entirely true, walmart in mount juliet, TN has a stack of them, 3 1/2" #6's.  I would have bought them if they were #5's.  In any event I don't want to get into an argument about this, as it would be pure speculation.  This is just what I think.

Tom Foolery

The new Win XX shell is the old Win Supreme HV shell, I have shot them for years and they are a great shell.

The cheap old gray box Win Super X is a great shell too and actually out patterns the Supreme HV/Double X from my 870.

DirtNap647

BigStrutter

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 07, 2014, 08:12:00 PM
I run them out of my 20 gauge Mossburg 500 with a IC 555 132 at 35 yards..That's with the number 5s pretty impressive for number 5s from a 20 gauge is you ask me.

Same here except I use an Undertaker. Great shell and great price. I don't think you will be disappointed.
"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

stinkpickle

All three variants are very good shells.  It's hard to say which will work best in your gun/choke until you try 'em out.  My 3" guns seem to prefer the Super-X and Double-XX loads, while my 3.5" guns like the HV's.

Roughneck

BandedSpur

Agreed that they are all very good shells. With the change in names and colors and boxes, a lot of confusion can be avoided when talking about Winch lead shells by using the following:

3-2-6
3-1&7/8-6
3-1&3/4-6

You get the idea. Then everybody knows what shell you are talking about.

surehuntsalot

if in doubt,that them out of the box and look at the shell itself,that's what I do
it's not the harvest,it's the chase