OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Started by Timber Hog, April 07, 2014, 12:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber Hog

Hey guys,

I'm a new memeber here to oldgobbler.com and just wanted to say hello.  I'm not an expert turkey hunter and in fact haven't killed any yet but hope that will change soon.  I grew up hunting ducks in the public flooded timber of Arkansas and love calling ducks into the decoys, but also love to hear a gobble in the spring as well.  I've been on a few hunts and have been close to killing a big tom but ended up screwing it up in the end due to inexperience.  This forum is pretty neat and please bear with me if I ask a dumb question here and there.  Looking forward to this season!  Thanks!

Timber Hog

d.winsor

No dumb questions just dumb answers.  Good Luck

ohiomossyoak

"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

hookedspur

:wave: HI Welcome to OG !!! :welcomeOG:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

slamman

Muzzy61

Welcome. This is a great place to learn, don't be afraid to ask for advice. Everyone is very helpful.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Heller

Longshot

Welcome! there are a bunch of great guys here that are always eager to help out. Ask away.
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Selluwud

I'm right there with you Timber Hog. I haven't done any serious hunting in over 40 years. I went pheasant hunting in S. Dakota 10 yrs ago and a few dove hunts before that. I am fired up about turkey hunting as I have been observing them for quite a while here where I live Virginia. I am taking my 30 yr old son opening day and hope to bag one of the big Toms that's living close by. Good luck to you.
5/4ths of people don't understand fractions

hunter-b

Rio Fan

COssman14

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".