Main Menu

Longbeards crap????

Started by scastle, April 06, 2014, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Guys that price is prob for 3.5". 3" has been running around $19

DirtNap647

trackerbucky

They work great in my BPS with a .665 Indian Creek. 200+ in 10" at 40 yards.  The best lead loads I have ever shot.  Your mileage may vary.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

wirtbowhunter

Quote from: olturkey on April 07, 2014, 03:41:38 PM
I've tried them. They look great in one gun and no good  in another. One gun tears up the wads. Thinking they don't get along with the choke (undertaker). Ordered different choke, but haven't got it yet. As already pointed out The price sould be $10 or $20 a box.

I have an undertaker xt in my 12 ga encore. It will put 190+ in 10" at 40 yards. But, as you mentioned every gun is different and results may vary.

ky turkey hunter

I'm getting 210 at 40 yard with lb #6 3in in my 935 and X Factor choke

bamagtrdude

I'm not going to say these shells are "crap", but neither of my guns liked 'em - so, I'll be sticking w/a "blended" shell moving forward...  I don't change my guns to "fit" a shell; I find a shell that "fits" my guns, and rock on...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 08, 2014, 11:30:04 AM
I'm not going to say these shells are "crap", but neither of my guns liked 'em - so, I'll be sticking w/a "blended" shell moving forward...  I don't change my guns to "fit" a shell; I find a shell that "fits" my guns, and rock on...
The blends were my next choice. I patterned in order of pricing. College is expensive!

bamagtrdude

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on April 08, 2014, 03:34:57 PM
The blends were my next choice. I patterned in order of pricing. College is expensive!

I hear ya; "expense" is one of the reasons why I tried the LB's, too.  Unfortunately, they didn't work out for me.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Twowithone

Those hunters must shoot Nitro Rays no. 7 shot. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Longshanks

I shot some awesome patterns with the 3" LB's. 214 in a 10 with 6's and 170's in a 10 with 5's. The pattern with the 6's and 5's is tight at 20 and also tight at 30. Tight as in smaller than a volleyball. I was shooting off of a solid table patterning and it was really easy to get off target to the point that only the very outer edge would hit the turkey. Outer edge of the pattern is sparse compared to the center of these patterns. Shooting free hand in a hunting position makes it easy to miss. I have a gun that shoots 333 with Hevi 7's @ 40 and the 30-40 pattern is much larger than the LB's. The 20yd pattern is larger by 2-3 inches.  Larger pattern up close and more shot in a 10 @ 40 sent me back to the Hevi 7's. Getting the turkeys in close has not been a problem, missing a turkey that has committed to the call and in close makes these super tight patterns inside 30yds a little less appealing to me. Real hunting situations helped me decide to go back to Hevi 7's and even Win XX, HV, and Super X.  Shooting turkeys inside 40yds for me can be done in a way that cuts down on misses and still harvests the turkey effectively.

nothingbutlongbeards

Quote from: scastle on April 06, 2014, 11:13:15 PM
Was at sports store today and nobody had anything good to say anout them.anyone else not having good luck with them.was going to try them out of my 935 but at $26 abox I figured id stay with the turkey thugs.

that is why I picked up the Magnum Blends and I am happy that I did

alclark2

I chose to hunt this year with thugs because lb xr didn't fill out my 20" at 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

darn2ten

I'm a fan. Seen 4 killed this year with LB 5's and they were devastating. However to stay 40 yds. and in for many guns their not a must. Two of my guns already shot around the 130's with the regular Win. and the 5 thugs, that's plenty and never had a problem with that. I can really see these shells helping those people who were struggling to break 100 @ 40.

learn2hide

I'm a hevi-shot guy but these LongBeard #5's have shot pretty well for me...bought another box today, wouldn't be afraid to shoot the right along side my Hevi 13 #6 patterns are similar.
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

mikejd

You probably need to spend some time with the search feature. There is probably 1000 positive posts about the longbeards. Actually I have never seen so many positive posts about a single product like the longbeards.

I think the sporting good store was worried that his large inventory of hevi 13 was never going to leave the shelves again. So he would tell a little white lie.