OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One down, two to go here in Oklahoma.....

Started by FttFttVroom!, April 06, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

I only had this afternoon to hunt due to work and family obligations.......so I needed a bit of luck.  Well, I got!  I ran out to a spot I've had success the past several years this afternoon.  I got out of the truck and walked maybe 200 yds and heard one gobble just over a rise from me.  I snuck up and saw a nice Rio tom with a hen walking through a small patch of oaks.  The hen heard me and came within five steps to investigate, while he proceeded to strut and gobble 50 yds away.   
  After she lost interest and returned to him, I backed out and made a half circle to set up near where I expected them to travel.  I made a few short yelps and he came right down the hill to my right.  He popped out behind a cedar and took a load of #7's to the face at 20 steps. 
  I'm done here in my home county with a one tom limit, but I still have two tags left on a hunt planned later this month in Northwest OK.  The birds are already much more cooperative this year than the last......hopefully its that way for all of us on here!

Rokhal07

BigStrutter

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

boomer

alloutdoors

jblackburn

Awesome, congrats! I already miss living in OK!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

trackerbucky

I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

MouthCaller

That's a gorgeous turkey and a monster too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!