News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey hunting magazine

Started by PaLmbHngr, April 03, 2014, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 04, 2014, 10:13:17 AM
The issue is not whether people would read it but circulation.  It cost a lot of coin to publish a magazine.  It's real easy to end up with several thousand copies that don't sell and then your profit is down the drain.

This.

Folks can be cheap.

Magazines cost money.

With all the complaints I hear about paying $10 a year to support the NWTF, I'm not surprised any turkey rag could survive for long.

Turkey annuals generally suck, planned to last a year, the info can't be very current, and it's usually just a catalog for the advertisers.

I'm glad we had T&TH while it lasted, but the subscribers, or lack thereof, killed it.....

Just my take, yrmv...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

steveo

I would subscribe ! Keep us posted

ridgerunner

Yea I miss Turkey and TH Mag.. I still have several old issues. I'd subscribe.

slamman

TnRidgeRunner

With a company that sells printed words....the company is only as good as it's salesmen. I would bet everything I own on the fact that t and th had too small of an audience so they shut down.  They took their market to the box stores like Walmart, and when you do that it has to sell many copies because you printed several. A small company with the loyal followers that are on here will make some money allot of people happy, and I would love to be a part of it. However, I don't see this idea really getting big because of the market size. The target would be too small...still something worth chasing and something I would subscribe to.

alclark2

Does anyone get Fur Fish and Game? The mag costs more but I still take it. There also aren't as many big name advertisements. I imagine the dynamic of running FFG Different than other outdoor mags. Maybe a different business plan would be more profitable. I'd  pay 20 a year for T&TH. I don't know how these companies do it for 8, 10, or 12 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

TnRidgeRunner

Trying to hold myself back here but failing......guys what your talking about is the site you are already on....right now.. :TrainWreck1:

bluetick58

bmhern

I'd be in for it.

mikejd

I would be in. I love magazines. Plus they keep me from buying things. The more time I spend surfing the more things I end up buying.

Flydown

Quote from: huntnflorida on April 03, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
I'd much rather read a magazine than be on the internet any day of the week!!

Uhhhhhh, ummmmmm, well  :-\ that makes sense. O0

WillH

I'd subscribe! Maybe you could do an emag/physical mag/website/forum.

mtsrunner

I would probably subscribe. I'm a sucker for just about anything turkey. My suggestion would be to have a section about guns and gear that isn't all 'factory stock stuff'. Most of us have a smorgasbord of gear with mismatched parts. That would make it seem more real to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okiehuntr

Go for it! Would be a good thing for turkey hunting.

T-town

Quote from: Cut N Run on April 03, 2014, 09:59:53 PM
Turkey Country does leave a lot to be desired.  I miss T&TH and would love to see another dedicated turkey hunting magazine published.

Jim

Agreed