turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey hunting magazine

Started by PaLmbHngr, April 03, 2014, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaLmbHngr

I was talking with a Friend this week about how there is no turkey hunting only magazine out there (aside from the nwtf) since turkey & turkey hunting is no more. He owns and publishes a couple outdoor magazines and we talked about the possibility of publishing a turkey hunting only magazine. I was wondering what your thoughts would be about a new magazine for us turkey hunters. Any interest? Thanks.

ozarkhooks

PALongspur

o2stk1

JALA Strut

memert116

The Cohutta Strutter

Good question! My initial thoughts are with internet based websites like this one where there is a constant stream of up to date and useful information coming in I'm not so sure. Personally, I find myself headed to the internet rather than flipping through a magazine. It will be interesting to see what people think on this one....Strutter
Anybody seen America lately?

paintbrush

Cut N Run

Turkey Country does leave a lot to be desired.  I miss T&TH and would love to see another dedicated turkey hunting magazine published.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

beagler

Quote from: Cut N Run on April 03, 2014, 09:59:53 PM
Turkey Country does leave a lot to be desired.  I miss T&TH and would love to see another dedicated turkey hunting magazine published.

Jim
X2
Never Misses

huntnflorida

I'd much rather read a magazine than be on the internet any day of the week!!

gobblingghost

there was one called American wild turkey society. they were out of Sparta, Tn.  I would be interested too

jblackburn

Quote from: The Cohutta Strutter on April 03, 2014, 08:51:51 PM
Good question! My initial thoughts are with internet based websites like this one where there is a constant stream of up to date and useful information coming in I'm not so sure. Personally, I find myself headed to the internet rather than flipping through a magazine. It will be interesting to see what people think on this one....Strutter

I'm on here and other sites a lot, but I still love reading a traditional magazine.  Especially one kept on the back of the porcelain throne!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Kilchis

I'll subscribe!  We don't have a computer hookup in the, ummm...ahhh..., library.

TnRidgeRunner

So, I'm an IT guy now(I used to work in a published industry), so I'm going to say that the internet killed the newspaper, magazine, and the business card, but I would buy a turkey hunting magazine. There definitely is a void in that market place but forums like this one have taken the place of published works. Mostly due to the fact that it's free and honestly the advice is better because you receive it from people that are actually killing birds instead of selling calls, decoys, pine scented cover scent that's "designed" for a bird that can't actually smell. If started the market would be small, but like I said I would buy it....always need something for when the battery dies while riding the porcelain pony :turkey2: