Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WTB or Simply Try out Invector Plus Chokes .650-.670 Pure Gold Kicks SumToy

Started by learn2hide, April 02, 2014, 06:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn2hide

Anyone have anything to try with .650 to .670 constriction available for the Invector Plus? I have tried Indian Creek .665 and .675, Carlson .665 Ported, and TruGlo SSX.  Would be intersted in a SumToy, Pure Gold, Kicks, or a Patternmaster Code Black or Patternmaster Anaconda Striker? I'm simply curious as to what they will do, would like to try them without spending 100 dollars or will buy if price is right.  Not unhappy with my current .660 Rob Roberts, it's done well I just enjoy tinkering.  Let me know or PM me with details. thanks, Z   :thanks:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I have a Truglo SSX .643 new in the pack never shot I will ship to ya for $35.

learn2hide

since I already have one...just curious since you never shot it what did you end up settling on? Always trying to learn what works for people out of the InV+ barrels
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I settled on the Rob Roberts .660. I really like the even pattern it gives with the 3.5 Magblends. The Truglo is a warranty replacement. The first one swelled after five shots and I like to have never got it out of the barrel. It gave a really tight core pattern but the .660 was more even in the overall 20".

learn2hide

that Rob Roberts .660 is what i'm shooting too...and as I said in the post and others on here I've been pleased with it...it does not like the MagBlends out of my X2.  The ones I've shot through it have been inconsistent topping out at 170 and really poor density overall... though I did kill a bird with one last year.  Straight 6's and 7's have done well but still vary shot to shot a little more than you'd expect. The LongBeard 5's also have done well for lead but again one shot will do one thing and the next might jump 30/40 pellets.  Only reason I'm trying other things is to see if there is a consistency issue with the choke and gun combo or if it's simply shell or weather variations etc.  Mostly just giving me some more excuses to shoot!!  :z-guntootsmiley:  I figured 40 bucks for an alternative look at the SSX will either show me something or confirm my previous choice.  Maybe some others will pop up like a .650 or .655 again just for comparison sake.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I also got really good patterns with the Jellyhead .670 using both Magblends and LBXR #6, both in 3.5

learn2hide

learn2hide

cool...probably the same barrel I think they only updated the action on the SX2 to SX3...got some friends that shoot them at ducks...not sure there is a better gun for the money out right now than the X3

learn2hide

sounds like you are like me...and really we're both overthinkers for trying to fix stuff that's not broken!  Here I am looking for options cause my favorite two loads shoot 200 in 10" and 217 the next shot, and 169 and then 197.... WTH is wrong with us? (me)

learn2hide

well I tried an SSX .643 exactly like what you said, the choke swelled up after maybe 8 shots...took channel lock pliers and a vise to get it to turn...I lubricated the threads pre-install.  So I'm gonna just stick with the Roberts .660 and Hevi 13 6's and 7's...this gun didn't like MagBlends no matter which of the 5 chokes I've tried...turkey kill pattern but 30-35% worse than straight 6's and 7's.  Roberts is a solid tube It's always shot well...

Clint Shook

There's a sum toy 675 on eBay now.   Ends today. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

learn2hide

thanks...saw that but the picture showed what looked to be rust

I had the listing on ebay for the sumtoy,I also have a Hevi-shot choke for the browning to.Send me your mailing address and I will send them to you for free.There is no rust on the choke,that is the finish as it came to me from William.