turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

credit / debit card problems

Started by 2eagles, March 31, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Just a heads up fellow turkey chasers.  Another site I frequent has at least three threads going right now on card fraud and bottom line is an awful lot of people are having problems. Nothing new, I know, but this seems to be related to a popular sporting goods supplier.  So, just a friendly reminder to watch your statements very closely.  I've had 3 bogus charges totaling over $700 in the last week.  I know I'm protected, but this is a pain in the butt.

MouthCaller

Quote from: 2eagles on March 31, 2014, 07:09:51 PM
Just a heads up fellow turkey chasers.  Another site I frequent has at least three threads going right now on card fraud and bottom line is an awful lot of people are having problems. Nothing new, I know, but this seems to be related to a popular sporting goods supplier.  So, just a friendly reminder to watch your statements very closely.  I've had 3 bogus charges totaling over $700 in the last week.  I know I'm protected, but this is a pain in the butt.
By all means I won't take it as company bashing but if you know the name of this well known sporting goods store please share I want to be on the look out and thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Garrett Trentham

It's Roger's Sporting Goods. Sounds like they have a third party contracted to run credit cards from online purchases and this is the company that compromised the information. Over-the-phone sales at Rogers are apparently not having this issue whereas most everyone that has ordered from them online has had fraudulent charges arise shortly thereafter. 
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Garrett Trentham

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

surehuntsalot

I sure hate to hear this,I have made several orders with Rogers,and had no idea.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

DirtNap647

sorry to hear that...man don't people got nothing better to do

ghillie

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

silvestris

Them's duck hunters getting scammed.  They is easy prey.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

2eagles

Quote from: silvestris on April 01, 2014, 10:24:19 AM

I got "scammed" when I ordered an AvianX breeder hen from them.  Nice looking decoy, but the darn thing quacks when I try to squeeze the air out of it.   :goofball:

Tail Feathers

Folks, don't be too mad at Roger's.  CC data has been hacked at a number or businesses lately, both large and small.  It happened to Target, Macy's, Smoothie King and a number of other businesses.
Despite efforts to prevent it, some of these hackers are devious enough to overcome even strong on-line security measure.
Check your CC and bank statements regularly and run your own free credit check three times a year.  Each of the big 3 credit bureaus are required to give you one free credit report per year.  Pick one every four months and check it for free.
www.annualcreditreport.com
I've been a cop for almost 31 years, this THE credit reporting site to use without sales pitches and such.  I've taught many classes on fraud.  I checked my own credit last night on this site as a matter of fact. 
Keep an eye on your business stuff, someone is ALWAYS wanting to take what you have.  Be careful and monitor those statements regularly.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WyoHunter

Quote from: 2eagles on April 01, 2014, 02:08:14 PM
Quote from: silvestris on April 01, 2014, 10:24:19 AM

I got "scammed" when I ordered an AvianX breeder hen from them.  Nice looking decoy, but the darn thing quacks when I try to squeeze the air out of it.   :goofball:
You must have got the turacky hen by mistake!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!