OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Super Black Eagle

Started by 29810434, March 31, 2014, 06:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody still shoot the old SBE?

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: 29810434 on March 31, 2014, 06:55:41 PM
I do. It's my favorite turkey gun. Mine is the full camo version (Advantage Timber) with 24 inch barrel.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

allaboutshooting

I still have my first one, a 1991 H&K model, with only 4 numbers in the serial number. It's a great gun. I have no idea how many rounds have been through it and I've never had a failure of any kind with it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

870FaceLift

I don't have the original, but my cousin does.  His is what convinced me to pony up and buy an SBE2.  He has sure put that thing through the ringer.  The camo on his is completely faded on the stock and foreend where you place your hands.  I'm betting he'll be buried with that shotgun!
Pass it on...

L.F. Cox

The first SBE's had a flat rib and patterned low when sighted like a rifle.....I believe it was about 2000 when Bennelli woke up and changed the gun to a tapered high back rib they can also be distinguished by their triangular safety.

That being said I own two left handed 24" SBE's...one I bought in about 2000 the other in about 2003....in my opinion no finer turkey gun has ever been made.

I shoot an older Rhino .655 in one and a Comp N Choke XXX full in the other booth guns will shoot a good pattern with most any Winchester #4 or #5 shot turkey shell they make.....from 2 & 3/4" to 3 & 1/2".

Here's a couple of patterns....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBwjFvWa9Jw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CflAvFFGXIs

Ps.....I've owned most every major brand of turkey gun out there including two full customs one by Bansner and the other by Tom Choke and have yet to own one that would out shoot my SBE's.

I have 2 of the high rib models.I was thinking about a new SBE,But I figured if it ain't broke why replace it.

o2stk1

I do I think I bought it in 97 or 98 and has been a great shotgun