OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Guess Who Update

Started by shootumindaface, March 15, 2011, 10:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i just pray that with Ronnie having all this trouble on his first time out , that it does not keep him from wanting to try again someday :jesus-cross:
Good things come to those who wait

guesswho

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 16, 2011, 12:37:36 PM
i just pray that with Ronnie having all this trouble on his first time out , that it does not keep him from wanting to try again someday :jesus-cross:
No, I thought I'd try it again Tuesday afternoon with my Mom.  I don't think this one had been shot before because his wings weren't dragging the ground and his tail wasn't sticking up.  I watched my mom shoot him in the afternoon.

This is the one I shot Tuesday morning, I felt sorry for him.  He was with three others and he had been hurt before.  His wings were dragging the ground, probably broke, plus he acted like his butt was hurt.  He was walking around in circles with his tail stuck up dragging those broke wings so I shot him to end his misery.  Ignore the tag, I filled it out the night before and sent a picture to Chatterbox, Roy and Shootum to make sure it was filled out correctly in case I killed one the next day.  I heard you should be 100% confindent before you go, so I filled the tag out the night before.

I figured what the heck.  I had also told Chatterbox that if I managed to kill one tuesday I was going to switch to my old retired 870 and try and shoot one with it.  Dangest thing!  I found another one in pain.  So I shot him this morning ending his misery.  Man I wish people would quit wounding them like that.  I felt sorry for them walking around in circles dragging their hurt wings and keeping their butts up in the air off the groung.

Thanks for all the help everyone,  I'm still not sure about this diaphram thing though because the ones I called to were hurt.  A special thanks goes the Shootum for walking me through it and telling me which one to shoot.  If these are hens let me know and I'll delete the pictures.   I think I'm going to get me one of the push pull kind of calls, they look like they would be easier than a mouth call, plus I hear it's good to give them somethinmg different.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

PANYHunter

You are a kind soul putting those poor wounded birds out of their misery.   :TooFunny: Good job filling out the tag.   :icon_thumright:   

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats Ronnie!!!  That pic with your mom is AWESOME!!!!!!!  Keep it up and there WON'T be any turkeys in AL any more! :TooFunny:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

shootumindaface

I see you used the advice throughout the last two days.. Take no prisoners bud, kill em all..

Hognutz

Way to go, Ronnie and Ronnie's Mom. Great pictures. Well done, my friend..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rio Fan

Congratulations to you and your mom!  :icon_thumright:

tjh24

Congrats, and this has been one of the funniest threads I have read on here for  a while :happy0064:

Basser69

Congrats on a couple of great birds :icon_thumright:

spur collector

chatterbox

Not bad for a guy without a diaphram...... ;D

guesswho

Quote from: chatterbox on March 16, 2011, 06:40:28 PM
I'm going with a push pull type from now on.  From what I understand you don't have to blow it with your diaphram, right up my alley :icon_thumright:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Quote from: guesswho on March 16, 2011, 06:51:37 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on March 16, 2011, 06:40:28 PM
I'm going with a push pull type from now on.  From what I understand you don't have to blow it with your diaphram, right up my alley :icon_thumright:
Great. Once you master that, there won't be a turkey left in 'bama!

Jay

Beginners luck. ;D Nice, I think you might getting the hang of this Turkey hunting.

guesswho

I was just informed that the first one I shot dragging his wings and keeping his butt off the ground was probably one of those hard to kill henned up birds.   Maybe instead of being hurt he was dragging his wings because he was just tired from spending the night with those three girl turkeys.   To be honest it don't seem fair hunting birds that are henned up, their to tired to get away.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff