Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sit and Listen......... 03/30/14 Devotional

Started by pappy, March 29, 2014, 11:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Psalm 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Sitting in the woods next to a big oak tree waiting on that Tom to come wandering along, I get a little antsy. More so the older I get. Impatience seems to run in the blood vessels of mankind. One trait I really didn't need to be passed on to me from my parents. But.. I got it and I deal with it. In most cases. Ever get impatient waiting on God?  Then go about looking for Him in places where we would expect Him to be! Like, in the middle of our troubles or perhaps standing in a storm of doubt...
1 Kings 19:11-12 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.  
Yep, just like the tiniest of noises we listen for when we are trying to zoom in on that turkey....we should have our hearts in tune listening for God, not in the obvious but in the discreet. So next time we catch ourselves out in the world surrounded by all the noises of temptation, or when we are surrounded by the winds of doubt or fear, let's just take a break, sit down next to that big oak tree and listen, let's be still and recognize that God is Lord!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net