turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spur wound? And tomorrow's supper

Started by MouthCaller, March 29, 2014, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

I didn't look at this really hard while cleaning my bird today just assumed it was a stray pellet but I do think this is a spur wound it's not very deep and is bruised on the other side. Also check out what's for supper tomorrow night!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

memert116

miro15

That's a big pellet!!  Those spurs are dangerous!!! Got me once before...

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

renegade19

As an apprentice dead turkey medical examiner, I'd say that's definitely a spur wound.  I've seen several very similar ones!  Congrats on the bird.   :icon_thumright:

jblackburn

I'd say spur wound. Now, what's the Ziploc of green stuff?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MouthCaller

Quote from: jblackburn on March 30, 2014, 08:47:17 PM
Was going to be supper but made other plans it will be supper tomorrow it's the Jamaican jerk recipe on the recipe page I made it last year I also used a little different peppers I used 3 Anaheim and one plablano pepper instead of the habanero

jblackburn

Quote from: MouthCaller on March 30, 2014, 08:55:36 PM
Quote from: jblackburn on March 30, 2014, 08:47:17 PM
Was going to be supper but made other plans it will be supper tomorrow it's the Jamaican jerk recipe on the recipe page I made it last year I also used a little different peppers I used 3 Anaheim and one plablano pepper instead of the habanero

Ah ha, I'll have to check that out.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

mtsrunner

Yum!  I will have to try that recipe. I killed a bird this weekend with a spur wound, too.