turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Public land insanity

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 29, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Started 3 days ago. I was parked on a old logging road that i have hunted for several years. Every once in a while someone would be there before me and i would just go to one of my other spots. Anyway im sitting at my truck around 11:30 or so eating a sandwich when a truck with 2 out of state hunters pull up. They asked if i had been hearing anything and if i might could give them a tip on some places to check. I told them so far everything had really been slow this season and the best thing to do was just start wearing out boot leather and sooner or later they would locate some birds. They then thanked me and drove off. Fast forward to today. Im parked at this spot and getting my gear together when up drives their truck. The driver jumps out while the other guy is gathering up his things. The guy then asked where i was going this morning and i told him down this logging road. I start to head out and these two guys come sprinting by me. One hasnt even got his vest on it was in his hand. So they ran past me and out of sight around the curve. I see laying on the ground a very nice custom slate call and pick it up. It almost went home with me but i left it on the hood of their truck. I just cannot believe this took place. Whenever i pull into a place and another hunter is there i just drive to another place. The joy of public land hunting.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

alloutdoors

I would have left a note thanking them for the slate they dropped while rushing to steal my spot. I can't say that letting all the air out of their tires wouldn't have at least crossed my mind either...

R AJ

An old timer who has passed away once stated that if there is ere bit of SOB in somebody it will come out when they are hunting. In your case this is pure slobbery , and complete disrespect for others. You were very nice to them. I would possibly have let air out of at least three tires in order to give them a chance to stay in the woods a little longer . Some times you just have to beat people over the head with a log when a stick doesn't work.

Sorry about your trouble hunters giving you misery . We want to enjoy the outdoor experience.

alclark2

In Indiana this would be normal. In Alabama most guys are respectful and find another spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Spitten and drummen

I left them their call and didnt do anything to their truck even though i wanted to. I figure what goes around comes around. Maybe i will be blessed by the turkey gods for my behavior. Lol
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

memert116

I think you did exactly the right thing and karma will catch up to them while good things come your way.... :icon_thumright:

albrubacker

X2 Some people  :z-dizzy:

Quote from: memert116 on March 29, 2014, 10:50:57 AM
I think you did exactly the right thing and karma will catch up to them while good things come your way.... :icon_thumright:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

turkey_slayer

I've intentionally spooked birds I was working when someone was trying to cut in. I would never do that and expect the same. Where's all the guys at that scream if it's legal it's ok lol

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 29, 2014, 10:45:52 AM
I left them their call and didnt do anything to their truck even though i wanted to. I figure what goes around comes around. Maybe i will be blessed by the turkey gods for my behavior. Lol
I'd like to think I would have done the same thing, but the call accidently got stepped on when I found it. Sorry guys!!!

redarrow

Had two idiots on the LBL drive around our truck one morning past me and my buddy standing on the two track and proceeded to park smack dab in the middle of the field we were getting ready to set up on.They even had the nerve to say good morning. I told then it could have been and my buddy drug me away before I had a chance to really fire them up. :character0029:

alloutdoors

Quote from: memert116 on March 29, 2014, 10:50:57 AM

I'm pretty sure that the guy dropping his slate call was the karma though...

chatterbox

Gotta love public land idiots.............

DirtNap647

archery1

I'm pretty sure that the guy dropping his slate call was the karma though...
[/quote]

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!!!!!
LOL
Take a kid hunting

drum817

It's really sad that some folks choose to act that way!!!  :( :( :(
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"