OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEF single shot?

Started by old frank, March 27, 2014, 07:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old frank

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/89112

Anybody know anything about this gun? I had a NEF 20 gauge a long time ago that I cut down for a "woods walking " gun and it was OK for the price and I have a 20ga Ultra Slug gun too that is a good shooter.

I was thinking this would be an inexpensive way to have a little single shot turkey gun. I understand the barrel is too thin to tap for a scope base so I would either have one silver soldered on or just use a FO front.

jordanz7935

Theyre sweet little guns for sure my buddy has a full size 20 ga and its an awesome gun. Fixed full choke which will do the job. I just ordered an eaa baikal mp18 20 ga youth from buds its $100 cheaper and probably a better built gun IMO. I'm gonna send it off to sumtoy once i get it and have him do some work and make it a real turkey gun with chokes,scope base, and trigger job. I definitely love the NEF/H&R's but their new guns are'nt what they use to be IMO.Another option is You could probably send your ultra slug hunter in and have it fitted with that barrel and get a new stock set for cheaper than the price of that gun. Either way it will make a nice lightweight hunting rig and that fixed full choke does well with the Federal Heavyweight shells.

old frank

Thanks!

Still deciding but may give the NEF a try. I will report back if I get it and shoot it.