OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

North Mississippi Double -- March 27, 2014

Started by dgporter17, March 27, 2014, 01:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgporter17

My friend and I doubled this morning around the Oxford area. It was his first turkey. We heard these two shock gobble at 8:45 at around 250 yards away. I did some hard yelping and they immediately responded and came in on string. It was all over by 8:55. We also used Flextone's Funky Chicken for this hunt, and when they saw it, they ran to it, strutted, gobbled, and immediately attacked it... just like the YouTube video. Unreal hunt.

Both shots were roughly 18 yards. Both of us shot 3.5" Winchester Long Beard XR #5s. I shoot a .665 Indian Creek and he shoots a Kick's GT .665. Neither bird flopped.
Benelli SuperNova - Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike .665 - Winchester Long Beard XR 3.5" 2oz 5s

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

darn2ten

Rio Fan

JVA54

alloutdoors

longbeard11

Sweet!!!!! I bet your buddy is hooked for sure now!!! Cant ask for much better, congrats!

boomer

JALA Strut

Congrats on a great hunt and some nice birds!

MouthCaller

So the funky chicken isn't just a myth.... congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mozart_hunter

Publicland