OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quitting snuff

Started by Spring_Woods, March 26, 2014, 11:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spur collector

Good luck on your endeavor.

trackerbucky

Think of the money you've saved already.  Then think of the money you'll save by this time next year.   :blob10:
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Spring_Woods

Quote from: spur collector on April 14, 2014, 08:00:17 AM
Good luck on your endeavor.

I have to now for sure, my son came to this world on 4/14/14! I have yet another reason to stay healthy. ;)

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ilbucksndux

Quitting is easy. I do it all the time ! I started at a very young age ,grandpa told me it was candy and dont tell your mom. The longest I have quit for is 5 years and for some reason I picked it back up. I have quit a few times since then for a month, three months ,3 days, a week.........Tried meds , that dont work for me makes me crazy. Tried cold turkey,people at work wont talk to me.It's tough. Now my 13 year old son thinks its cool to chew. He runs around with older kids that chew,dad chews,you gotta chew to be a good ole boy....or so he thinks. Its tough.
Gary Bartlow

duckkillerclyde

Congratulations on your son.

Are you still tobacco free?   

I am and I am finally done getting my teeth fixed at the dentist.

captin_hook

I tried to quit once. I've been chewing Copenhagen for 18 yrs. I quit at the beginning of this year for three weeks. It was totally brutal. The hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I gave in and have been chewing for a few months again now. I'm going to quit, it's just soooooo hard when I'm in the woods and I don't have a chew in my mouth. I know it's going to catch up with me as far as tooth or gum damage or worse cancer. It's a hard nut to crack.... That's for sure.

owlhoot

14 months now , no copenhagen, been tough and 6 months off the tic-tacs now , they really helped me with the habit.  Just a tic tac between the cheek and gum helped a bunch, good luck. :anim_25:

gaswamp

Kylongspur88

Went to the dentist yesterday.  Only one or two more visits and then I'll be done.  Most people go twice a year and I go 4 times in three months.  It's not because I don't brush my teeth.  It's because I had a mouthful of copenhagen for 15 years straight. 

I feel ya, I've got a mouth full of fillings, two root canals, and two more caps thanks to cope and skoal. Thing about dip is it has acid in it that eats your teeth, so even if you don't get cancer being worst case scenario, your likely going to have a slew of dental problems.

I wonder if US smokeless will foot my dental bills??

duckkillerclyde

Still not done with the dentist.  Apparently when I did one of my fillings, it was too close to the nerve and it killed the tooth.  Root canal and crown and $1500.  Two Tuesdays from now.

Before

After

duckkillerclyde

If there are any kids reading this, and by kid I mean 15 or 16 year old's or anyone for that matter that is starting to use smokeless tobacco, I can say that at 31, it has been the biggest, most expensive, most humiliating mistake of my life.  Now I just pray that I don't develop the cancer.

Smokeless tobacco makes you cool until it's a habit.  There is no, "I'll just chew in the blind."  It turns into chewing in the blind and at work only.  Next thing you know, it's in the blind at work and after dinner.  Once you hit that stage, you'll look back and think, how in the hell has it been 15 years already?  Start forking out the cash to get your teeth fixed and hope that is stops at the dentist and not at the radiologist.  I'm lucky.  I'm only missing one tooth....for now.

I wish I would have listened to everyone who told me to stop.  Biggest mistake of my life, hands down.

FL-Boss

+1 ... I wish I could go back when I 12 years old.  doesn't take long and you will quickly realize this is just no "habit"...  It's a fully blown addiction.  I dipped for 30 years... every single day for the last 25 years. Just quit 2 weeks ago... been the hardest thing I have ever done but I'm making it.  I learned a lot from my failed attempt to quit a few years back.   If anyone needs support, reach out to me.

trackerbucky

Good Job!!!  Hang in there.

I quit when my son was born 25 years ago.  It's definitely worth it.   :icon_thumright:
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Dearhunter3450

Congratulations on your new baby! Wish you luck on quitting for good. I have chewed for about 25 years. I'm up to two cans of cope a day and am def thinking of quitting AGAIN soon. I have stopped for as long as two years and went right back to it. It's expensive and stupid but I continue to dip like an idiot. Best of luck!!