OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quitting snuff

Started by Spring_Woods, March 26, 2014, 11:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawhitaker

I wish you the best, hardest thing I have ever attempted

silvestris

I ain't quitting.  I average about 4 days to a can of Fresh Cope Wintergreen, course I don't spit.  Real men don't spit.  Don't drink, don't gamble and I wouldn't know what to do with sex anymore iffen I was to meet it in the road.  Cope is the only vice I have left and I have to have a vice.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

owlhoot

Quit for a year so far , first few months keep tic tacs around for the habit, i went through a bunch! good luck.

As far as a vice , how about TURKEY CALLS   :toothy12: :toothy12:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: silvestris on March 29, 2014, 08:52:27 AM
I ain't quitting.  I average about 4 days to a can of Fresh Cope Wintergreen, course I don't spit.  Real men don't spit.  Don't drink, don't gamble and I wouldn't know what to do with sex anymore iffen I was to meet it in the road.  Cope is the only vice I have left and I have to have a vice.
I'm sure you'd figure something out on that last one. Lol.. I quit Copenhagen for over 6 yrs after over a 30 yr habit, but  then I started up again. Might try quitting again might not. I'm trying to figure out if stress would get me before cancer or cancer before stress. Lol.. It can be done if you want it bad enough, take it a day at a time or minute by minute if u have to. Goodluck!!!

FL-Boss

one thing is for sure.. if you live long enough, you're going to get some form of cancer anyway. Dipping certainly isn't good for you.. and can certainly contribute to all kinds of different cancers. But like my doctor said last week..... if I have to have an " addiction".. control me, this is a good one to have in the grand scheme of things.  Still doesn't make it right.. it's just nasty and controlling.  But with smoking it not a question of "if" ... but when it causes problems.  And illegal drugs.. well that is a whole different set of issues.

Spring_Woods

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 29, 2014, 12:40:09 PM
one thing is for sure.. if you live long enough, you're going to get some form of cancer anyway. Dipping certainly isn't good for you.. and can certainly contribute to all kinds of different cancers. But like my doctor said last week..... if I have to have an " addiction".. control me, this is a good one to have in the grand scheme of things.  Still doesn't make it right.. it's just nasty and controlling.  But with smoking it not a question of "if" ... but when it causes problems.  And illegal drugs.. well that is a whole different set of issues.

So much truth in that! What I always hear about is people who have quit smoking and 10 years later get cancer. That makes you wonder- why quit!?

My grandma had quit smoking for 30 years and still got lung cancer.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Spring_Woods

Still haven't taken a dip yet and Tuesday will be 3 weeks. It has been extremely hard but I've dealt with it thus far.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

FL-Boss

your over the worst part... it will start to get easier now..

Old Timer53

Good luck....hope everyday gets easier for you

duckkillerclyde

I quit two months ago.  Chewed for 15 years.  The past ten years, it's been two cans a day.  Copenhagen snuff.  I'm now paying the price at the dentist. 

Two months into it, I don't miss it or crave it.  If you can make it two weeks, you'll have 'er done.  The $$$$ I've been saving is incredible.  I can't believe I was spending $350 a month on tobacco.  I should have been buying a new pickup or a $350 gun every month for the past ten years. 

I figure I've spent close to $40k on smokeless tobacco and all I have to show for it is stained cavity filled teeth.....that cost even more money to repair.  I've been embarrassed about my teeth ever since I started to chew. 

About the only time I would smile was for a duck band but that's going to change.

duckkillerclyde

These are Pacific brant. 

Went to the dentist yesterday.  Only one or two more visits and then I'll be done.  Most people go twice a year and I go 4 times in three months.  It's not because I don't brush my teeth.  It's because I had a mouthful of copenhagen for 15 years straight. 

West Augusta

I quit years ago.  My last vice is turkey calls and turkey hunting.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I done that nasty habit at age 13 and did it 29yrs.  I have been dip free for 8yrs now.  It gets old after awhile.  I was burn out on it as well as my gums. 

bmhern

Hang in there ,you can do it , I'm pulling for you!
                                                                                        :anim_25:

duckkillerclyde

I average about 4 days to a can of Fresh Cope Wintergreen.  Real men don't spit. 

The irony of 4 days to a can and wintergreen flavor being compared to "REAL MEN".   Hilarious.