OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quitting snuff

Started by Spring_Woods, March 26, 2014, 11:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memert116

earlybird

I started on the road to quitting chewing Red Man in November,i thought I could do it cold turkey but I'm down to where I just bought 2 packs in march.I'm almost there just not 100% done with it,it doesn't even taste good anymore but after 30 plus yrs its very hard to put it down.Good luck.

tomstopper

Super X3

Youuuuuuuu caaaannnnnn doooooo it!

Reading this helps me as I struggle to stay away come the mouth candy. The thought of leaving my kids and family earlier than what was planned for me is my driving force.

Good luck.

Spring_Woods

Still going strong. Only way I can do it is cold turkey, at a completely random time. LoL :)

Going on 32 hours now. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words gents.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

FL-Boss

stay strong.  I have been doing this junk everyday for 25 years.  I quit once (for a month) a few years back.  I have been thinking about it a lot ... this year I will be done with it. 

My tip -  if you drink... quit that too for the first few months. that is the fastest way to jump back into it.

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

WildTigerTrout

I chewed Copenhagen snuff for 25 years. I quit cold turkey 17 years ago and never looked back. It can be done. It requires WILLPOWER AND INNER FORTITUDE! DO NOT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN TO THE URGES.THEY WILL PASS. Good luck to you. You will not regret it.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Kylongspur88

I quit a few years ago after dipping for close to 14 years. Marking the days on a calendar helped me stay motivated. Once a week turns into a month and so on you can see how far you've come. I still get the urge every now and then but it passes quickly.

Rokhal07

Spring_Woods

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 26, 2014, 09:09:45 PM
I chewed Copenhagen snuff for 25 years. I quit cold turkey 17 years ago and never looked back. It can be done. It requires WILLPOWER AND INNER FORTITUDE! DO NOT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN TO THE URGES.THEY WILL PASS. Good luck to you. You will not regret it.

Same here that was my flavor. Cope snuff...

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 26, 2014, 08:53:21 PM
My tip -  if you drink... quit that too for the first few months. that is the fastest way to jump back into it.

That's not gonna happen. Sorry and thanks for the suggestion but it's almost mowing season! I need 2-3 an eve to wind down!

lonnie sneed jr.

Good Luck, I started dipping 44 years ago. I have quite a bunch of time but started back after a few hr. or a few days. Anyway I have been week when it comes to quieting. Hope you are stronger than me. I need to quite myself.  Good luck 

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

captin_hook

Good luck man. It was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life. I quit a little over a month ago. I made it 3 weeks. I'm sorry to say I'm back chewing again. I hope you can do it. I've been chewing cope for 19 yrs, it's a tough nut to crack.

Spring_Woods

Quote from: captin_hook on March 27, 2014, 02:11:53 PM
Good luck man. It was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life. I quit a little over a month ago. I made it 3 weeks. I'm sorry to say I'm back chewing again. I hope you can do it. I've been chewing cope for 19 yrs, it's a tough nut to crack.

Dangit anyways! What made you start back up?

The first 72 hours to a week is the hardest imo!

WillH

More power to ya brotha! You can do it!