turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Quitting snuff

Started by Spring_Woods, March 26, 2014, 11:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

Well yesterday at noon I finally said enough is enough. I told my wife I would quit before our son gets here.
15 years ago I picked it up and wished I never did. Along the way, I've quit a few times but this is the last time.

I'm not sure what made yesterday the day to do it but I did. Feeling pretty rough still, need to get through the first few days.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

reynolds243

Good for you. Dipped for 20 years and been off it for 2 years now. Ain't going back!

It will be hard at times and the relationship will always be there but trust in god and stick with it!

BowBendr

Good for you Spring_Woods.  :icon_thumright:
I wish I possessed the intestinal fortitude to do it myself, should have a long time ago. Hang tough.

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

DirtNap647

WV TURKEY THUG

good luck i quit smoking last year if u really want to do it u can but u urself has to want to do it. keep us updated good luck again

spencerhoosier

Good Luck and keep it up! My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 6 years ago. This made him want to quit chewing and he quit cold turkey. I chewed too. I figured it wouldn't be good to be chewing around him, so I quit. Neither he or I have chewed in 6 years. It gets easier as time goes buy and you will be happy that you quit.

arrow1

I quit Copenhagen February 15th my 40th birthday. Been either smoking or dipping since I was a teen.  There was something about turning 40 that made living a few more years that much more of a reason and I remind myself that the savings on quitting nicotine allows for more money to put towards positive things like turkey calls and hunting.

RutnNStrutn

Good choice Spring Woods!! It's gonna be tough, but stick with it! You can do this!! :icon_thumright:

tnturkey

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paboxcall

That's good news.  When I quit cigarettes years ago, I put aside the cash I would have spent on a pack of smokes every day.  And here is the sad part:

It only took me 90 days to save enough for a new Winchester 1300 decked out in Mossy Oak.  (90 days x $5 a day) = $450.00.  When the gun came in and I picked up I wondered what the heck I was doing giving away my money all those years, for nothing.

Every three months I was putting enough cash to buy a new shotgun into the hands of big, rich tobacco companies, and hurting myself.  Why should I give big tobacco $2,000 a year of my hard earned money so they in turn can give me cancer or heart disease??  Rather put that money in the kids pockets or set it aside for a family emergency.

Stay present in the moment, don't think you're somehow deprived, instead believe you are fortunate to have health.  Set goals - Reward yourself for your milestones - celebrate 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, five years, ten years.  Soon you look at snuff or smokes and wonder why you even wanted it.   :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

West Augusta

I quit a 25 year habit about 12 years ago.  It's still tough some days but don't really miss it.
Stay strong and you will beat it. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

trackerbucky

I quit dipping 25 years ago when my son was born because I didn't want to be a bad example for him. It gets easier every day you don't do it. I wish I'd have thought to put away the money I saved and bought a new gun or two  ???

Finding something useful to take up your attention like fly tying, reloading or making turkey calls sure helps.  Best of luck.  Let us know how you're getting along.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.