OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sweet spot on Zink wicked series? Problems.

Started by mharness, March 26, 2014, 05:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mharness

So I picked up a wicked series slate and really like it, however the sweet spot on the back does absolutely nothing. I mean no sound what so ever. I'm assuming it needs to be sanded and prepped since it is incredibly slick and makes no noise when touched with the striker. Its such a small spot I'm unsure of what sandpaper I should use. Anyone else ran into this? I figured it would be at least prepped a little from the factory for use.

captin_hook

mharness

Old Gobbler

The sweet spot will likely be the same distance from the edge ... For the entire radius 360 degrees of the call - sand up the entire call , the whole surface and see if you locate a good spot again

Use whatever grade paper that will rough up the crystal
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mharness

No the zink wicked series actually has a "sweet spot" on the back of the call. It is a spot of an entirely different material made for soft calling. You flip the call over. Its actually called the sweet spot.

2much2loud

I just use a Brillo pad that was supplied with the call.... Seems like I have to ruff it up more than the crystal

scoot12

I have the same call and the little sweet spot on the back is acrylic,  does awesome tree talk.  I did not condition it but make sure your striker tip is clean.  Also tip striker at more of an angle and it works great.  Scoot

scoot12

Here is a pic of what I was talking about.  Scoot

captin_hook

Scoot, thanks for posting that pic, now I have a idea what we're talking about here.