OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Woodhaven Mouth Call?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 25, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triplebeard

I switched to woodhaven 3 seasons ago.  The copperhead is hands down the best mouth call I've ever owned.  I have several others but the copperhead I can do anything with.  Its the easiest to use I've ever had, I can control the volume and make any call with it. I give it 8 stats on a 5 star scale!

mtsrunner

I love Woodhaven mouth calls. My favorites are the classic V3 and the Comp Hornet. I am going to pick up a copperhead,as it seems everyone likes it.

BIGBOB

Red Wasp for me. Always have one with me.Cooperhead is also a good call.

Xcal1ber

Black wasp, Classic V3, and Scott Ellis signature are my favorites. I have a lot of different mouth calls (Hook's, Houndstooth, Cane Creek, ect..) and it's odd to me that some of you guys wouldn't even consider Woodhaven. Different strokes for different folks.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

stinkpickle

Back when I was using Woodhavens, my favorite was the Sadler McGraw signature ghost cut.  It's discontinued, but it looks similar to their Toxic Orange.  The biggest drawback was that it took me a couple of days to break in new calls before they started breaking over like I wanted them to.  Once broken in though, they sounded great.  I mostly use Hooks now, since I can get the same sound and run them right out of the package.

kansas hooks

beatlespin

Classic V3 and the Copperhead.

bowmike

Scott ellis signature and raspy red reactor are my favorites. Scott Ellis's Signature is by far my favorite.

bamagtrdude

Huh, just saw that Woodhaven released a brand-new mouth call today -- it's called the "Black Dirt Dauber"...  Might have to check that out!!

In response to all the negative posts about them on OG, I thought I heard 'em say their slogan for this call is, "Now it's time for US to sling some mud!".  Pretty bold, if you ask me.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)