OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Woodhaven Mouth Call?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 25, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmasters

I've used a number of there calls and like the Scott Ellis the best. easy to use will little air pressure. Hook's makes some great mouth calls though, hard to beat.

Gooserbat

I've not used any thing but Gooserbat calls for years for obvious reasons, but I did have a Woodhaven Hornet once up on a time and I liked it.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jbird22

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 25, 2014, 04:56:38 PM
You'll be back to running hooks soon enough after this experiment.
Quoted for truth!

If you're looking to branch out just try a few more of the different Hooks offerings. Also, Houndstooth and Legacy make good calls as well. As for Woodhaven, if you are dead set on trying them then a Classic V3 would be a good one to try.

BigMick

My favorites are the Copperhead 2 and the Hornet.  The Raspy Red Reactor and Yellow Venom are awesome too.

Illini Tom

used a yellow venom to call in my best-ever tom last year
also like the raspy red, red wasp and copperhead

nate829

The past few years I've been using Scott Ellis signature, raspy red reactor, yellow venom, and the red wing with great results!!

WillH

Raspy red and the yellow venom. I'm a big fan of the woodhaven friction calls but haven't been overly impressed with the mouth calls. Those two work best for me, I've tried about 8 of the others...
My favorite mouth calls right now are the tom teaser rip series. But I got a gooserbat on the way!

NC_10

TOXIC ORANGE

Picked this one up recently, very pleased with it very easy to control. Also like the copperhead model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCGobbler

I've been playing with the copperhead, raspy red, and the toxic orange.

I like the raspy red best but they are pricey.

I have been shopping too, I just can't find one I like.  I'm looking for the one brand I just can't go wrong with.

I really really want to try foot on da head, just haven't gotten around to calling him.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dtrkyman

Scorpion with green latex was my favorite but now the Copperhead and CH2 are what I run!

wvlimbhanger

I didn't want to derail in my earlier post but since you have asked for other brands to try as well, take a look at gooserbat.  A few weeks ago I got a bacon and a hillbilly and love them both!!!

tnturkey

I like the red wasp and yellow venom and cooper head. but I also like hooks I have several in my vest.

archery1

Quote from: WVFrid on March 25, 2014, 04:26:24 PM
I've tried the Scott Ellis signature series one and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take a kid hunting

bamagtrdude

I'm a die-hard Red Wasp fan, but ...  gotta say, I'm really diggin' this Houndstooth Diamond X call; it manages to get the rasp I like out of the Red Wasp, but is much easier to blow for the quiet stuff (soft yelps, purrs, etc.)...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)