OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fried Wild Gobbler

Started by TANK, March 14, 2011, 10:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

Just finished frying some Wild Gobbler from the Louisiana youth season. For some of yall that don't have the Cajun Seasonings......I used Tony Chachere's Seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, & Louisiana Fish Fry-Chicken Fry seasoning...........ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!

hookedspur

STOP STOP  I'm drowning in drool.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

magicman

handcannon

Oooh yeah that sounds good. I havent tried it with the Louisiana chicken fry before. Might have to pick some up when I get home and give it a try. It's hard to beat that Tony's on anything. Heck, we bring it to work with us in Brazil so we can make the food taste better. Now if we can just get them to get us some Ranch dressing, we will be set!

shootumindaface

The two weeks we are on the road we have a deep fryer and eat turkey every night.. YOu ought to see the looks on the peoples faces when we have them hotels smellin like grease LOL We use Shore Lunch cajun breading

njdevilsb

All this talk about frying birds has made me decide that I have to try it this year.  We usually bake the breast, but this sounds too good to not try.

shootumindaface

Quote from: njdevilsb on March 15, 2011, 12:15:19 AM
All this talk about frying birds has made me decide that I have to try it this year.  We usually bake the breast, but this sounds too good to not try.
If you have not deep fried a turkey boob you have not lived

TScottW99

We use the House of Autry chicken breader, either medium hot or the spicy & hot blend.

http://www.house-autry.com/retail-products/chicken/spicy-hot-breader

We bread nugget size pieces and fry them in peanut oil then dip them in Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce, usually Memphis or TN Whiskey.

Yummy!
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

TURKEYWHACKER

Got a 4 day hunt startin' this weekend and all this fried turkey talk is gonna have me totin' the gas fryer along for sure.  :icon_thumright:

cassga

Try marinating them in the creole butter injector marinade for a couple hours. Then bread with your favorite mix and fry in peanut oil. That is my favorite way to do it! :z-winnersmiley:

chcltlabz

Little cajun seasoning, deep fry and dipped in ranch, and I'm pretty sure I'd eat my weight in dog turds.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

PANYHunter

MMMMMMMM  Nothing like fresh free ranging turkey meat.  Can't wait to get some.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

TANK

Quote from: njdevilsb on March 15, 2011, 12:15:19 AM
Just make sure you slice it across the grain, with the grain and a pair of La Croose rubber boots will be about as tender!!!! :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

Quote from: handcannon on March 14, 2011, 11:37:21 PM
Oooh yeah that sounds good.  It's hard to beat that Tony's on anything.
:agreed: I put tonys on everything!