OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HW 6?

Started by blueridgegobbler, March 24, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueridgegobbler

was wondering if anyone has ever tried 3inch fed HW 6s out of a ssx 643. reason im asking the trulock is a 650 and throws good numbers with a 3.5. I know the ssx is ported but I think it it will be fine.  just wondering

BandedSpur

I would try them both but my money is on the .650 with the HW6s.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on March 24, 2014, 09:31:14 PM
was wondering if anyone has ever tried 3inch fed HW 6s out of a ssx 643. reason im asking the trulock is a 650 and throws good numbers with a 3.5. I know the ssx is ported but I think it it will be fine.  just wondering

Are you shooting the hw6's out of the trulock .650? If so what kind of results are you getting with the 3.5" ?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

blueridgegobbler

No have a friend who does I use the 3 inch tried his trulock wasn't that impressive in my 870 21 inch barrel

bawana

With #6 HW you might want to loosen the choke up a bit, like a .660 or .665.

Henshaw

Just my experience but I wouldn't shoot the HW 6's out of the ported tube. My dad has a Fianchi O/U 3 inch and he can only run straight full choke. The HW 6's 3" out of his gun are mean. No problem at 40yds with that pattern. I've tried them out of my Hevi 13 choke and there all over the place (But it's ported)

decoykrvr

First, the internal geometry of the .643 SSX tube is unique, in that the ported portion of the tube has a larger internal diameter which doesn't even contact the FliteControl wad.  With that said, in my gun w/ the SSX, the Fed. HW 6's and 7's didn't produce "hunting patterns" comparable to what I get w/ an IC .660 and Hevi-13 loads even w/ consideration for the reduced pellet count in the HW loads.  I haven't had the opportunity to evaluate the SSX tube w/ the Win. LB shells.