turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any Advice?

Started by guesswho, March 14, 2011, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I knew I could count on ya'll for support.  I just need to stop at my 24 hour Wal-Mart in the morning and get me one of those Squealing hen calls if their not sold out and a 9 volt battery.   I already stutter a little bit when I talk, I hope that battery on the tongue thing don't make it worse.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

I hate turkeys

Best advice I have is take toilet paper. second slate call light purrs.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

Jay

Quote from: guesswho on March 14, 2011, 08:07:44 PM
Well I've been practicing with my mouth call, even though I never did figure out how to use my diaphram.   At least it sounds like its in the bird family now.  My season opens in the morning.  Any last minute advice?   What if I hear one?
Call a lot with multiple calls. Make those Gobblers think there is a whole flock of Hens waiting. Run around in a 50 yard area calling many times to reinforce the large group scenario. Then sprint 50 yards away from where you think the Gobblers are and hit a Gobbler call as you advance towards where you were making your Hen sounds. Dem Toms will bust tail to get there before the bad boy they think you are. Works every time for me if I can keep from barfing up breakfast after running around that much, and scare them away.

Rio Fan

Don't forget to load your gun and shoot straight if any opportunity presents itself.  I have a gut feeling you'll do just fine.   ;D

Good luck!

Jay

Good luck tomorrow, and if you need any more advice, I'm always more than willing to help the new hunters. Remember, there is no shame to take a Jake :icon_thumright:

Shotgun

Scratch, scratch, pause, scratch  ;D

lmbhngr

Take a push pin call with you

Crutch

Shoot the strutter!
Have fun.
Good luck,  I'll be looking for a story tomorrow night.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

vaturkey

Quote from: guesswho on March 14, 2011, 08:07:44 PM
Well I've been practicing with my mouth call, even though I never did figure out how to use my diaphram.   At least it sounds like its in the bird family now.  My season opens in the morning.  Any last minute advice?   What if I hear one?

DONT FORGET YOUR DECOYS & BLIND !! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :newmascot:
Vaturkey

handcannon

Just call Shootum and put him on speaker phone. Surely the Game Warden wont call that electronic calling and give you a ticket. I might have to try that 9 volt trick with my son. Surely I can convince him to try it.

Bud, you'll do just fine. If that goofball, no turkey calling, Gary Lavox from Rascal Flatts can call in a turkey.......you got it whooped.

mason0366

GOod luck . Have fun and pacience.

NECKRINGER

i GOT SOME ADDVISE FER YA.

guesswho

Quote from: NECKRINGER on March 15, 2011, 11:07:21 PM
i GOT SOME ADDVISE FER YA.

;D  I figured I could counmt on you!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

stinkpickle

Lemme know when you get them diaphragms figured out...I might need some help.  Mine just don't sound right.