OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any Advice?

Started by guesswho, March 14, 2011, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Well I've been practicing with my mouth call, even though I never did figure out how to use my diaphram.   At least it sounds like its in the bird family now.  My season opens in the morning.  Any last minute advice?   What if I hear one?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

shootumindaface

No matter how he reacts, do not call more than once every 15-20 minutes.. His curiosity will kill him

bowhunter84

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 14, 2011, 08:09:30 PM
No matter how he reacts, do not call more than once every 15-20 minutes.. His curiosity will kill him

what he said

guesswho

What if he's all out of curiosity?   Keep your cell phone on tomorrow, I may need to call you.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

R AJ

Surely you have a scratch box, box call, slate or something that will make a cluck or yelp. Learn to cut , cluck and yelp softly on a scratch box and you can do very well.

shootumindaface

Quote from: guesswho on March 14, 2011, 08:14:37 PM
What if he's all out of curiosity?   Keep your cell phone on tomorrow, I may need to call you.
On the first day of the season he will surely not think its a hunter making the calls.. Thus he will be anxious to get to the sounds.. Dont call too much or he may think its a trap as hens never call much..

I will have my phone around tomorrow call if you get perplexed.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: guesswho on March 14, 2011, 08:07:44 PM
Well I've been practicing with my mouth call, even though I never did figure out how to use my diaphram.   At least it sounds like its in the bird family now.  My season opens in the morning.  Any last minute advice?   What if I hear one?
If u hear one sound off just run around in circles screaming i dont know what to do.And go back to the house and wait for him to calm down. :icon_thumright:

By the way good luck tommorow.

Hognutz

Good luck, Ronnie. Hope you can fool one with that diaphragm..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

pittboss

Be careful....................... don't get to excited and suck that mouth call down your throat :begging: :begging:

Good luck tomorrow

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

TheTwistedOne

Quote from: guesswho on March 14, 2011, 08:14:37 PM

Give that bird a pass for the day and find another one to work on and kill him instead.  That same bird that wouldn't come in today might be more curious tomorrow.

PANYHunter

I would give up on the diaphragm and if you hear one gobble bust out your squealin hen.  He will come runnin.    :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
on a serious note good luck

VAHUNTER

when you get to your location and it is just about time for the magic to start. haul off and slam your truck door as hard as possible. that really gets them birds fired up  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

bird

Put your tongue on a 9volt battery just before you leave the truck.  It helps with the purrs!

hookedspur

Quote from: PANYHunter on March 14, 2011, 08:53:24 PM
I would give up on the diaphragm and if you hear one gobble bust out your squealin hen.  He will come runnin.    :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
on a serious note good luck
:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:   :anim_25: be careful
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

FttFttVroom!

Good luck man, have fun out there....still got a couple weeks to go so I gotta sit here and be a cheerleader for now