turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MISSED

Started by Gentry, March 20, 2014, 08:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentry

Had one come in silent and got by me. Tried a shot and missed! How long do y'all wait before trying him again??

R AJ

At least 30 minutes. It happens and depending on circumstance he may be firing away in the morning.
You never know.

MouthCaller

Yeah just depends I would try him tomorrow if it were me. What happened after the shot? Fly or run off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DirtNap647

try him in the morning

bmhern

Pressured Gobbler

That sucks!!! I can't afford to do that!!!

memert116

try him again in the morning.  not sure of your situation but maybe try him from close by but a different set up rather than where you were when you shot.

MiamiE

That has scared the crap out of me before. I'll be just hanging out then out of nowhere red head standing right there and nothing you can do.  :OGani:

Beard Collecter

It depends on if you peppered him or not. If I had another bird lined up ( I always do!), I would give it a day or two. My guess is he will be hammering again in the morning. Set up in a different spot if you can. Good luck.

hookedspur

Try him in the morning some times you can call him right back .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

It depends ...... If you missed him clean , try him again the very next day , if you missed him with Winchesters new longbeard shell ....call up the Drurry  boys and have them consult you on you next move  :wave:  JK , couldn't resist sorry --  :)
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tail Feathers

It wasn't a miss, it was a conservationist warning shot.

Now he's on notice you're after him.  Game on! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Vabirddog

No definite answer, you know where he lives and his MO now tho!  fwiw a gobbler walking away and especially facing away at any distance is a low percentage shot. They just do not expose much to hit.

steveo

Stealth mode, mix it up and hit em in the AM possibly change calls different angle of approach if possible so you are not trying to call him into the area you shoot the first time.

Dan Mallia

Catch and release.  :fud: :OGani:

Go get him tomorrow, turkey's have a short memory.