OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LASIK (Updated)!!

Started by bowhunter2k9, March 20, 2014, 08:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

How long after the procedure is done can you see correctly and or return to work ?
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 24, 2014, 07:59:28 AM
How long after the procedure is done can you see correctly and or return to work ?

The doctor said some people see perfect immediately... Most are the next day! And some it takes a little longer, my doctor only does them in Friday so you will have the weekend to heal fully
Romans 8:38-39

2much2loud

Can you be put out for this? What is the pain like during and after? I thought about doing one eye at a time just in case

Frank G

I was able to see "immediately", no pain what so ever, able to read the odometer from the passenger seat. Sun glasses for sure and goggles for a couple of nights. They don't want you to rub your eyes while sleeping.   :happy0064:

Frank G  In Tennessee

BamaProud

Quote from: Frank G on March 24, 2014, 10:17:57 AM
I was able to see "immediately", no pain what so ever, able to read the odometer from the passenger seat. Sun glasses for sure and goggles for a couple of nights. They don't want you to rub your eyes while sleeping.   :happy0064:

Same for my wife.  No pain.  When we got home she said "I never knew you were supposed to see individual leaves while they are up in the trees".  ...then she said yer freeking UGLY too. ;) 
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

FL-Boss

I can't wait to get this done in a few months... already looking forward to next hunting season because I won't need foggy glasses.

Turkey Trot

Quote from: ridgerunner on March 22, 2014, 08:15:14 AM
How much does this surgery costs guys? I'd love to get it done.

Prices vary pretty widely, and I would not go with the cheapest personally.  Who has to pay if they mess it up with bargain lasik?  It is elective surgery, so insurance likely will not cover any resulting injury and follow-up surgery.

I've been researching lasik for a while and have been waiting and monitoring to give them to time to make certain that there are no long term problems being discovered.  Going "bladeless" with an all-laser procedure, often call "Intralase," but their are different protocols and trade names (e.g., Customvue).  A good eye mapping before surgery is important, so knowing which is the best and which clinic has what should be part of the research, as which equipment and how they do the procedure should be.

Wang is an example of a very prominent lasik doctor that charges a lot of money.  His website is one of the most informative that you can use for research.

http://www.wangvisioninstitute.com/   
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Frank G

Wanted to add one more item. The mapping test the day before is the only irritating aspect of the procedure  ::). If memory serves, the exam was 2 to 3 hours with the next day procedure ½ hour and gone. If you have ever looked through a red dot scope that is what it looks like with the exception the red dot blinks. My left eye took 10 seconds and my right 12 and gone  :happy0064:

Frank G  In Tennessee

memphistiger02

I had it done last year. I was wearing -6 contacts, now I am 20/20 in one eye and almost that in the other. I am happy with it. They said I might have dry eyes after but they are fine to me.

timberchicken

Quote from: WildSpur on March 23, 2014, 11:20:37 PM
You should be.  I think the major thing is if your corneas are thick enough.  I had an astigmatism and it was fixed with the surgery.

my corneas were to thin and thats why my doc did the prk surgery.  I was laid up for a couple days and could drive after about 5.

Shellwaster

I go for my consultation on April 15th. If the cost isn't too much I may see if they will trade my left n-u-t for the surgery.  Been wanting a kamado grill, kamado joe to be exact, a gun safe and a few more expensive items but LASIK will be beneficial long term.

Frank G

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 27, 2014, 09:59:08 PM
I go for my consultation on April 15th. If the cost isn't too much I may see if they will trade my left n-u-t for the surgery.  Been wanting a kamado grill, kamado joe to be exact, a gun safe and a few more expensive items but LASIK will be beneficial long term.

L@@k at it this way ....... you will be able to see everything better after the procedure  :icon_thumright: You may not want it after you get a good l@@k. Result you save money.  :TooFunny:

Frank G  In Tennessee

mtsrunner

Well...It seems like everyone has had good results. I have mixed feelings. I had mine done when I was 29. I could see perfectly with my contacts. After the LASIK, I was 20/25 in my left eye and 20-30 in my right eye. Both eyes developed star bursts when looking at lights, especially at night when driving. Both eyes got progressively worse over time. Fast forward to when I was 39. And my vision had slipped to about -5 in both eyes. I went for another consult and was told that this time I would get better results with PRK ( the knife version). Had it done and only got to about 20/40 in both eyes. I put up with it for three years and had to go back to contacts at age 42. Now, at 44 I have to wear contacts and reading glasses. I guess I'm the outlier. Both of my surgeons were very highly rated. I guess God just gave me really bad eyes in exchange for being unbelievably handsome.

Shellwaster

Quote from: mtsrunner on March 28, 2014, 11:19:41 PM
Well...It seems like everyone has had good results. I have mixed feelings. I had mine done when I was 29. I could see perfectly with my contacts. After the LASIK, I was 20/25 in my left eye and 20-30 in my right eye. Both eyes developed star bursts when looking at lights, especially at night when driving. Both eyes got progressively worse over time. Fast forward to when I was 39. And my vision had slipped to about -5 in both eyes. I went for another consult and was told that this time I would get better results with PRK ( the knife version). Had it done and only got to about 20/40 in both eyes. I put up with it for three years and had to go back to contacts at age 42. Now, at 44 I have to wear contacts and reading glasses. I guess I'm the outlier. Both of my surgeons were very highly rated. I guess God just gave me really bad eyes in exchange for being unbelievably handsome.

Sorry to hear about your results. I'm afraid I'll have a similar experience as I too am blessed with good looks   :toothy12:
In all seriousness these are the things I need to hear and would like to know the ratio of patients of this experience to that of great results.

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 27, 2014, 09:59:08 PM

Are you considering Blue Laser in Athens?

http://bluelasergroup.com/
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter