News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

LASIK (Updated)!!

Started by bowhunter2k9, March 20, 2014, 08:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: beagler on March 20, 2014, 03:22:23 PM
TERRIBLE LUCK with it personally! This really hot girl I was dating had it done then dumped me shortly afterward. :happy0167: :'(

I Lol'd
Romans 8:38-39

chuckward

Had it done 9 years ago. My contacts were -6.25 before and within a week I had 20/20. I'd have it done again tomorrow if need be.  Chuck

TauntoHawk

I have a Health Savings account set up for the purpose of having Lasik done when I can. another year and half an I should be their.

My eyes havent changed in about 5 years so I think im good but it'd be nice not to have to mess with contacts again.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

steveo

Had the old type done? I guess since it has been 18 or so years ago! it is great, only need reading glasses now but they had said that by the time ya hit late 40s probably would.

jhcats10

Had it done about 3 years ago. Like everyone else, best move I've made. WELL worth the money in my opinion

BamaProud

My wife did it about 6 years ago.  She describes it as life changing.  She went from near blind to better than 20/20 literally over night and with zero complications. 

I was afraid she would leave me once she was able to see me. ;)
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

ridgerunner

How much does this surgery costs guys? I'd love to get it done.

BamaProud

It was about 5K back 6 or so years ago.  We could have gotten it done cheaper but were most comfortable with a certain Doctor.
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

FL-Boss

yea, I priced it out last week at about $4,800 - highest rated, recommended doctor in my area.  I'm sure some will do it for half the price... but when it comes to my eyes..I won't take chances.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 22, 2014, 06:02:35 PM
yea, I priced it out last week at about $4,800 - highest rated, recommended doctor in my area.  I'm sure some will do it for half the price... but when it comes to my eyes..I won't take chances.

This^^^ same. More expensive but way better reviews

timberchicken

I had PRK (very similar to Lasik) surgery done 2 years ago.  It was a great move but you are right on getting what you pay for and not taking any chances with your eyes.  It is great to not have your glasses fog or contact shift while staring down a turkey or deer. 

Old Gobbler

I have Astigmatism in both eyes ( oval or odd shaped corneas ) would I be a candidate for LASIK ?
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildSpur

You should be.  I think the major thing is if your corneas are thick enough.  I had an astigmatism and it was fixed with the surgery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 23, 2014, 10:59:34 PM
I have Astigmatism in both eyes ( oval or odd shaped corneas ) would I be a candidate for LASIK ?

I do too, doctor said I'm a great candidate and it should fix it all. The lasers now a days are advanced enough to get the curve correct

Flydown

I had it done in 1998.  Cost $4700.00 bucks and is my best investment to this day.