OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LASIK (Updated)!!

Started by bowhunter2k9, March 20, 2014, 08:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

Hey guys, I've finally gotten annoyed enough with contacts and glasses while hunting. Scheduled LASIK on the 4th of April. Who here has done it and what are the results? And I mean the new laser surgery

I had the surgery, and am now (one day after surgery) 20/15 with just a bit of cloudiness... that should disappear soon!
Romans 8:38-39

MouthCaller

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on March 20, 2014, 08:09:10 AM
Hey guys, I've finally gotten annoyed enough with contacts and glasses while hunting. Scheduled LASIK on the 4th of April. Who here has done it and what are the results? And I mean the new laser surgery
They run radio ads for the new way of that here and supposedly you are seeing better than 20-20 within a day let me know how it turns out cause I would love to do that as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

WildSpur

I did a little over a year ago.  Best move I have made.  I was a -4.75 in contacts.  I am now 20/15 and my astigmatism is fixed.  I don't have any side effects.  I initially had halos which are common but they disappeared within a few months. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

rutnstrut

Been thinking of getting it done. Working construction I'm always getting stuff in my eyes and it's agrivating wearing contacts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letinmfly

I had it done 11 years ago and it was the best thing I could have done.  I still have 20/25 vision and I'll be 50 this year. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Frank G

Had mine done 15 years ago, best move I have ever made. Need to wear "cheaters" now and again in dark areas restaurants etc. But other then that "perfect".  :icon_thumright:

Frank G  In Tennessee

DirtNap647

been researching this to ...does anyone know if its true that you have to get it done again just a rumor and was wondering...?

BowBendr

I wish I was able to do it, I hate wearing glasses while hunting...especially archery hunting...and i'd like to be able to use a set of binoculars without rolling down the eye cups and trying to get lined up.

Dr. won't do it but I can't understand why, something about bad angles my corneas sit at or somethin'....

jwhunter

I am -5.50 in both eyes..!!!! I want it bad but my vision keeps getting worse

PEHunter

Had it done in 2006 and it worked great.  Only side effect is eyes domt seem to focus as fast as they did. I only notice it at times when going from something really close to really far. They told me that could happen so Im ok with it. I did just have to get readers at 44, but they told me that would happen also after 40. My distant vision is still great 20/20 & 20/15.  Im glad I got it. Good luck.

Forgot to add that my doc would not recommend it until my existing vision went longer than 2 years without changing.
Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

stinkpickle

My wife had it done several years ago, and she says it worked great.  She had the full laser procedure, not the one that involves razor blades...WHATEVER THAT MEANS!  I'll take her word for it. 

beagler

TERRIBLE LUCK with it personally! This really hot girl I was dating had it done then dumped me shortly afterward. :happy0167: :'(
Never Misses

fsu33952

I wore glasses for 20 years. Couldn't see without them. Had it about five years ago. I have 20-15vision now. I remember the first year after I had it. It is amazing how much stuff you will see that you missed before.

TRKYHTR

My wife runs an Ophthalmology surgical center.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VA_Birdhunter

I've been wearing contacts for many years I would love to have it done...know some guys that have and are very pleased with the results!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens