turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question for those who shoot nitro ammunition

Started by LARRYHAYNES, March 18, 2014, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRYHAYNES

I have a remington 870 with an 18 1/2" barrel. And I use a jeb's .660 choke. I was wondering what would be a good load to use with this setup cause I really wanna try that nitro out. I have a buddy that bought some and I really like their ammunition.
LARRY

Bama turkey hunter

I think maby a 3" 2oz  of strait 7s would do good  :funnyturkey:
Tony

RemingtonRules

I have an 870 Super Mag with a 23" barrel.  I get 300 in a 10 @ 40 with 3.5" H51013A in 4x5x7 Hevi and a .665 Jelly Head.  I have a friend who has also had good results in a Browning with this same load.  His pattern is just getting it's legs under it at 40.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

taylorjones20

If you are shooting 3" then what nitro recommends is the H321. On their website they show patterning for most popular guns and what choke size and shell they use to get said pattern. It's like 190-230 for a 3" 870 using H321 4x5x6 I think.

J-Shaped

All good advise above, but you may just want to call Nitro and ask what they recommend for your particular setup. There are always exceptions, but their recommendations are usually a solid starting point in my experience.

LARRYHAYNES

LARRY

taylorjones20

It is a good idea to call.  You will talk to a real nice, knowledgeable woman who can tell you what they recommend for each gun.  This link should help...  http://nitrocompany.com/pattern.htm

01Foreman400

I'd give them a call. They will make a recommendation. They do the testing on different guns.  I wouldn't expect them for this season though.  They are way behind due to lack of components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

LARRYHAYNES

Yea I've talked to them already. They told me they are about a month out now. But I will have me some ready for next year
LARRY

blueridgegobbler

You will love them best turkey ammo hands down the h321 is what you need in 3 in and h517 if 3.5 if legal try the 2x5x7 they are pretty wicked just make sure you can use #2 shot in your state.

Gobble!

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on March 22, 2014, 08:10:43 PM
You will love them best turkey ammo hands down the h321 is what you need in 3 in and h517 if 3.5 if legal try the 2x5x7 they are pretty wicked just make sure you can use #2 shot in your state.

and I thought #4s were overkill.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Why would anyone want to shoot 2's at a turkey, let alone develop a turkey load using them?

wingbonehntr

I think I would pass on the 2's. Just ordered a box of 6x7's. Mh517

blueridgegobbler

Try the load with the 2s one day they don't make that big of a pattern difference they are just more added insurance. You don't need the I used to use 7.5 lead federal grand slams and killed a pile. Its kinda like using a 270 for deer when a 6mm will work its simply added insurance.