turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

sbe2

Started by highcj5, March 16, 2014, 05:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotgun_oly

I could be wrong  :bike2: but that looks like a very nice mag blend pattern  :drool: :popcorn:

01Foreman400

It's a SBE 2 24", Rhino .670, 3.5" Nitro 2 7/16 oz. #7's.  I get high 320's to low 340's with this set-up in a 10" circle at 40 yards.  The picture above was from when I shot one time to check my zero on my red dot.  That was from 40 yards.  Here's a picture of last years check.    

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

nothingbutlongbeards

I am using the Hevi13 choke in my Super Vinci

shotgun_oly

Well I was way off on that one :TooFunny: Still a great pattern thanks for sharing Foreman

01Foreman400

My SBE 2 prefers a dirty barrel. 4-6 shots is when it does the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

highcj5

very nice pattern.  have to do something soon.  season is right around the corner.   thanks for all the replies.       jesse

allaboutshooting

Quote from: highcj5 on March 22, 2014, 10:15:28 AM
very nice pattern.  have to do something soon.  season is right around the corner.   thanks for all the replies.       jesse

Hey Jesse,

If I had to make a quick decision, I'd choose the SSX. That's what I used in my SBEII and what I use in my Vinci.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

highcj5

might have to give you a call tomorrow and order one.  give it a shot.  is see you need to clean it well the first time?   thanks,  jesse

allaboutshooting

Quote from: highcj5 on March 23, 2014, 03:09:24 PM
might have to give you a call tomorrow and order one.  give it a shot.  is see you need to clean it well the first time?   thanks,  jesse

Hey Jesse,

It has a light coat of oil on and in it and it's always a good idea to clean it thoroughly prior to shooting it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

870FaceLift

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 20, 2014, 08:44:53 PM
870 what choke construction you end up with?

Sorry guys, I wasn't on here for a few days.  The constriction is .655 in the RR choke.  I have the 24" barrel and shoot 3.5" mag blends. 

Since all of the work was done at the same time, I couldn't honestly say how much of a difference honing the forcing cone made.  All I know is that altogether, I'm extremely happy.
Pass it on...

highcj5

well ordered a ssx from clark and got to shoot it today.  I am very pleased with the pattern, it will definitely kill some turkeys.  I shot it from 30 yards and was using xr 3 1/2 #6's.  I was shooting at some zombie turkey heads.  hahaha.  bought them so my daughter would have something to shoot at, it's all they had at wally world.  she is 10 and plan on taking her youth day next weekend.  I can not wait to get out with this new gun and kill some birds.  I have the first week off and plan to be out every day.  wife is very happy about that.    :turkey2: 

highcj5

tried to post a pic, but need to figure out how to resize the pic.  it is too big.

highcj5

resizing the picture, it actually cropped some of the pic off.  but, you can see the damage.    jesse

Dtrkyman

Appears to be shooting a little low? did you shoot a larger target and see where the core of the pattern was?

My sbe2 shoots very well with a jellyhead and any hevi shot type ammo I have tried, all 3 and 3.5 inch patterns with 6 hevi were approaching 200 in a ten and several we well over, 220s was best if I remember correctly with 2 oz hevi 6s.

Best thing is the gun shoots dead on point of aim and the patterns are even and no holes, I guess I could get better numbers with some tinkering but I have no need to, I have seen a couple birds killed with it past 50, clients I was guiding that got in a hurry, but stoned them anyway!!!

I hunt with a bow mostly so I have a hand full of various hevi type rounds left all in 6 shot that I will use up before likely trying longbeards! 

highcj5

wasn't aiming for the head or circle.  aiming at the waddle area.  still a little low, but not to bad.  maybe the week I am off, I will shoot it a couple of more times at a bigger piece of paper.  I am pleased with it though.  the paper is 11" by 11".  the picture does not show the whole piece.  In the lower half of the paper, there was over 200 holes.  just need to find some more xr's.