OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire 3 scope covers

Started by d.winsor, March 16, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Mine has the clear plastic pieces on each end...sounds like you got a bad cover...call Blurris maybe?

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

d.winsor

Thanks, sent Burris another e=mail!

ads1

Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

d.winsor

Burris is sending me a lens cover that has the clear lens in both ends.  ads1 :  Send burris an email with your name and address and explain no plastic lens in either end, they will send you another one.  Thanks Everyone for posting, it helped me a lot.

joshr247

Hello all! New to this post and I know its kind of old but wanted to put some new information out there on this subject. My boss was fed up with not having a decent scope cover for his Fastfire sights as well, we developed the ideal remedy to safeguard both the Fastfire 2 & 3. For more information please check out our website at www.dreamplastics.com . I will also attach a couple of photos to try and help all you good folks out!

spaightlabs

That looks like it would be hard to see through without x-ray vision.

TauntoHawk

lost the darn thing the first time I used mine in the rain, think burris will send me 10 so I can find em lol
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TauntoHawk

Quote from: joshr247 on May 11, 2016, 09:46:35 AM
Hello all! New to this post and I know its kind of old but wanted to put some new information out there on this subject. My boss was fed up with not having a decent scope cover for his Fastfire sights as well, we developed the ideal remedy to safeguard both the Fastfire 2 & 3. For more information please check out our website at www.dreamplastics.com . I will also attach a couple of photos to try and help all you good folks out!

are you supposed to reach up and take it off when a bird is coming?? I rubber fitting with clear lenses that you can take off would be perfect I just dont know how that would be applicable in the field
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

joshr247

Yeah its pretty hard to see through, haha! It is made for protection and already has a lens.

spaightlabs

The one that comes with the optics allow you to mount it and leave it on so you don't have to be fiddle-farting around with it when a bird is coming in...

Greg Massey

Hey, Cabelas has the New Burris Fastfire III sight with AR-F3 mount on sale reg. 399.00 sale 199.00 is this a good price and will this work on my turkey gun weaver picatinny rail..?

joshr247

Oh yeah, Burris absolutely made a great cover in that regard. Our only complaint was how cumbersome (yet functional - I agree with spaightlabs) their cover was, especially when mounted on a pistol. This cover was made more for protection and ease of use, they both have there place absolutely. As you may know the Fastfire II comes with a cover that has no lens, likely because people were complaining about the size of the III's cover. Even that is a very well made cover that just doesn't offer much real protection.

Farmboy27

Simple solution-use a bead sight like everyone did for years and don't worry about the rain and dust!  Lol!  But really, I used a fast fire 3 last year and hunted hard through rain, thick cover, and other nasty stuff without ever having the protector on and the sight looks and works good as new. I hate optics or sights on my turkey guns (I'm just a bead guy) but the ff3 is a great product in my opinion and is way tougher than it looks.

goblr77

Quote from: Farmboy27 on May 11, 2016, 08:26:06 PM
Simple solution-use a bead sight like everyone did for years and don't worry about the rain and dust!  Lol!  But really, I used a fast fire 3 last year and hunted hard through rain, thick cover, and other nasty stuff without ever having the protector on and the sight looks and works good as new. I hate optics or sights on my turkey guns (I'm just a bead guy) but the ff3 is a great product in my opinion and is way tougher than it looks.

It's hard to hunt with a bead when your gun doesn't shoot to point of aim.

wisconsinteacher

It looks like a great product but when I put the order in my cart and checked the shipping, it was $16.00.  May I ask why so much for such a small package?

Not trying to be rude just wondering.