OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire 3 scope covers

Started by d.winsor, March 16, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d.winsor

Can a scope cover be purchased somewhere to protect the lens.  When I carry my gun I am concerned about trash getting on the lens of the fastfire.  I have the cover that came with it but that will not keep trash off the lens.

turkey_slayer

Don't think so. I've looked but never found anything. Wish somebody would make a rubber cover

chatterbox

Contact Burris direct. I bet they can hook you up. When you purchase a FFIII, a rain cover comes with them.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: chatterbox on March 16, 2014, 04:45:32 PM
Contact Burris direct. I bet they can hook you up. When you purchase a FFIII, a rain cover comes with them.

Is the rain cover just the regular plastic cover it comes with?

chatterbox

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 16, 2014, 05:00:50 PM

Is the rain cover just the regular plastic cover it comes with?
Yes. It looks like a little covered bridge.

chatterbox

This is what they look like. I had mine dipped, but this is the design.

d.winsor

I bought it from sportsoptic and they said burris didn't make a scope cover for it.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: d.winsor on March 16, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

I bought it from sportsoptic and they said burris didn't make a scope cover for it.

I didn't see it on their website. Didn't see it on Burris either. Wonder if that would fit the ff2

chatterbox

I don't believe the FFIII cover will work with the FFII.

chatterbox

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 16, 2014, 07:02:12 PM
Quote from: d.winsor on March 16, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

I didn't see it on their website. Didn't see it on Burris either. Wonder if that would fit the ff2
Burris may not offer it directly on the website, but I bet if you contacted them directly, they would be able to help you out.

wvnut3

The FF3 cover will not fit the FF2. both Fast fires come with a cover,contact Burris and I am sure they will take care of you. Lee

sugarray

Burris puts a cover in with the site, I don't understand why you didn't get one with your FF III.  I'd go back to where you got it and exchange it, you should have a cover with it.

d.winsor

I sent burris an e-mail asking where I could purchase a scope cover for the fastfire 3.  I got the cover that came with the scope, a little plastic one, like a covered bridge, but both ends of the scope are open to trash getting into the scope lens.  As I carry my gun slung with the barrel down, trash can get into the lens that one looks thru.  I will post what burris says.

wvnut3

The cover is suppose to have clear plastic on both ends. Lee

d.winsor

no plastic in either end of the cover, wide open