It had been still all day
Not a breeze in the night to blow the heat away
Firefly flashin' electricity in the sky
The outside dogs begin to bark, it be a good night to die
Do a little a dance in the wind
Thunder's rumblin' again
Storm's come to wash it all away
The storm's a-comin'
We'll go out and play in the rain, in the rain.

Song writer's lyrics move us to tears or laughter and sometimes they hit the nail on the head when it comes to every day life. The point of this devotional is to forewarn of the approaching storm. The spiritual atmospheric changes are taking place....But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled [with water], and were in jeopardy.
And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
... I think about the song writer's lyrics above, at the end he says... " the storm's a comin' we'll go out and play in the rain, in the rain." Living life without the fear of God is foolish, just like going out in the storm to play in the rain, dangerous indeed. Waiting until we NEED GOD to seek Him out, is as foolish as standing under a tree during a storm! We let our arrogance supersede our Spiritual awareness, everything is cool so why bother with going to God.... sad but true, it is always the calmest before the storm.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

BOFF

Thank You Jack!!

Have a Christ filled week!!

God Bless,
David B.

JuniorPre 360

Way to fix my horrible Monday. I have a better attitude now. I surely appreciate the time you take to enlighten us with His word.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net