turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening morning success!

Started by birdyhunter, March 15, 2014, 11:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

Well its starting out to be a great year. Took a little buddy of mine on youth weekend and killed a nice one within 5 minutes of fly down. Went to a different property this morning for the opener and only heard one bird on the roost. Moved to within 150 yards of him and set up but as soon as he hit the ground he started going away from me. Circled around as fast as I could and set up about 100 yards of where i thought he was headed. As soon as I touched to striker to the glass he started hammering. Every 15-20 seconds he hammered and he was closer every time. I heard him about 50 yards outn and he was running so I got my gun set. As soon as he cleared the palmettos I started cutting to get him to stop and he slammed the breaks on and gobbled in my face. That's when he took the full load of 3 1/2" supreme elite xrs with 2oz of #5 shot  square in the beak. So that's 2 birds down in two hunts in less than an hr of hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rokhal07

JVA54

BowBendr

Mike Honcho

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

FullChoke

Very nice bird. Congratulations.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

kenfa03

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanz7935

Nice bird congratulations man!! Looks like your a longbeard magnet this year!!  :icon_thumright:

KYFrid

Congrats!  Nice bird & pics!   :z-guntootsmiley:

DirtNap647