only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bagged my first Osceola

Started by totallycluckedup, March 14, 2011, 12:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totallycluckedup

Quote from: allchokedup on March 14, 2011, 01:34:09 PM
Quote from: totallycluckedup on March 14, 2011, 01:00:44 PM
Drew a quota that I had been trying to get for three to four years.  They only hand out 5 permits and you only get five days (mornings actually) to hunt.  Got him on the 4th day.  The first three days, they were completely henned up, no gobblin'... nothing.  On the 4th morning, I got a late start.  It was already daylight when I was walking out to my spot.  Before I got there, I heard some gobbles out in a field I was close to.  I stopped in my tracks, let out a few yelps and it was on.  Two gobblers came straight in, and in a hurry.  I had zero time to get situated... just dropped to my knees off the side of the trail.  The direction they came from, put them right in front of me... about no more than 12' in front of me.  It was extremely exciting to see them that close.  The second in line was doing the strutting and got to hear him drum. (which was a first for me).  I took him with a Stoeger M2000 with a Burris red dot.  ( That stick belongs to my old man... already told him goodluck on getting it back... hahahaha)

You did good Son. I think that shotgun belongs to you now. I'm a proud Daddy :icon_thumright:

Oh wow... did everybody read that???!!!  It's my gun now???  LOL  Can't wait to get up there

guesswho

Wow!  Killed a nice Osceola and got a new gun to boot!   Congrats again! ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

JVA54

stinkpickle

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Hognutz

Congrats on a great looking bird. He is definitely a bruiser. Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

njdevilsb

hobbes

hookedspur

Quote from: Hookspur on March 14, 2011, 01:33:19 PM
Congrats!!! That's one heckuva thick beard for an Osceola. Fine bird!!!
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Rio Fan

That's a beautiful bird - congrats! :icon_thumright:

bowhunter84

strutzone

turkey slayer

Bigsho69