turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Full Turkey mount position

Started by Hhayes6, March 13, 2014, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hhayes6

If you got a bird full body mounted which pose/position would you get it in? I really don't like the flying mounts. And any certain taxidermist? I have a triple bearded bird on camera down in South Alabama and it would be nice to know all these things before I rushed into something that is so rare in case I did get lucky and kill it.

Hhayes6

I would love to post a pic of it to see what y'all thought and if it was a triple but I can't get it lower than the size allowed to post ???

tnturkey

gobbling. and he is quite a bit away from you but highway 7 taxidermy in santa fe Tennessee is one of the best taxidermist ive ever seen..

Hhayes6

appalachianstruttstopper

good spur turkey looks good hanging dead with straps hanging from nail on a wall.
exceptional beard/beards look good on a limb gobbling.

alloutdoors

To show off a beard, gobbling, walking, standing, half or quarter strut would all work. I went with gobbling on my bird from last year.

busta biggun

tomstopper

Either of the two above would work for me. Nice mounts fellas......

Hhayes6

Very nice mounts. That two very big birds who did y'all mounts? Aprox price if you don't mind? I remember you alloutdoors saying shipping was very high with table he is on

kevin2

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

busta biggun

Mine was from Hazel Creek. You can call them for pricing. All across the board.

jwhunter

I've got one getting mounted now. The guy is in Nashville

http://trophyridge.homestead.com

He is doing a limb mount with the gobbler coming out of strut. Reasonably priced
Award winner at nwtf convention check him out

Flydown

I have turkeys mounted in full strut, flying, upright posture, on the limb bending over looking down, half strut, on the limb half strut gobbling and Dead.  My favorite mount is a dead mount.

tnturkey

flintlock

1/2 strut or in a limb looking over like he sees you.

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!