OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whats your bag limit in your state?

Started by NC_10, March 13, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 13, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
Only 2 per season in FLA. Pretty bogus if you ask me. There are plenty enough turkeys here to up it to at least 3 per season. But I'm sure it is all based on money. They gotta protect that Osceola to keep people from the other 49 states, Canada and Mexico coming down here for their Slam.

I agree on the bogus, Holmes Co where I go in FL is 1 in the spring, 3 miles up the road in Alabama it's like a war zone.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Gold Spur on March 14, 2014, 09:30:21 AM
Quote from: mozart_hunter on March 13, 2014, 08:56:06 PM
Arkansas

2 gobblers in the spring.
Fall season closed.
And one per day.

Also.....

No Jakes - Youth hunters are allowed up to 1 Jake.

jblackburn

3 total in Washington, 2 from Eastern side and 1 from Western side.  Also some specific county rules
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Will

In Maryland it's one bearded bird per day with a total of 2 in Spring. One either sex in the Fall in selected counties however there is legislation to increase the fall season by adding an additional week in all counties late Winter.
We have a lot of Turkeys especially when you get closer to DC....haaaaaa!

MiamiE

TJK68

hookedspur

Ohio
2 Bearded in the spring
Only one bearded turkey may be taken per day. Persons wishing to take a second wild turkey during the spring season must purchase a second spring turkey permit.
Fall
Bag limit is one (1) turkey of either sex.

3 Total
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Bob

Ontario 2 bearded (1 a day) in spring, 1 any sex fall

30_06

alclark2

1 bearded in Indiana

That's why I go to Alabama... But there ain't no birds in bama.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: beagler on March 13, 2014, 08:35:17 PM
Here in Pa we can take one bearded bird in the spring. You can purchase an additional tag (only one) for $24.

Plus we get a fall tag with our license. It may be used on a hen or a gobbler.

VA_Birdhunter

Virginia - 3 total:  1 per day and minus any taken in the fall.

WV - 2 one per day. 1 per day.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

gobbler777

Maryland   2 bearded birds in the spring
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

neal

In WI basically as many tags as you want to buy (you can buy one a day) depending on the zone in the spring you could have up to 40+ tags in the spring and can fill as many as you want per day. In the fall you can buy one tag a day and season runs for 90 days so you could shoot 50+ birds. I saw a DnR report a year or so ago that one guy killed 32 birds in the fall. Most I've killed in a fall season is 8. And 6 Gobblers in the spring. Its a crazy system, now I don't take as many birds 1-2 in the fall and around 3 in the spring. The winter this year was one of the worst ever on record with over 6' of snow and many days at -30 so they are cutting some tags this spring so we'll see how this spring shakes out.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.