OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington repair

Started by arrowslanger, March 13, 2014, 07:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrowslanger

Remington didn't repair my 11-87 20 gauge compact, they replaced it.  I just hope it puts up the numbers the other gun put up.  They didn't say one word about replacing the gun.   Paperwork says action bar was broke.   Either way it was nice of them to replace it with a new firearm.   :z-guntootsmiley:

CrustyRusty

That's great, congrats and good luck

tomstopper

captin_hook

That's great to hear. I normally hear horror stories bout their customer service .  :icon_thumright:

Gold Spur

Good deal arrowslinger. Hope you get her dialed in before opening day.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

FullChoke

Lemme get this straight. This manufacturer, who has a checkered reputation of spotty customer service, flatly refused your request to repair their own product, and then decided on their own to take action without initiating any discussions with you, the owner?  And this makes your happy? If the gun was a gift to you from someone special or you have quite a few good memories of hunts with it, which is quite often the case, then their automatic replacement has no intrinsic value to you anymore. This sounds like they have thrown you a fresh bone just to shut you up.

Once again, in the final evaluation we have a company that has not served the customer, but instead have served themselves.

Sorry to be so bitter, but this kind of stuff really gets under my skin.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

redarrow

I'm happy your happy but I see where Fullchoke is coming from too. Hopefully they discussed this with you prior to the replacement.
In Remmy's defense they have been great to me in resolving any issues I've had.i split the forearm of a brand new 870 2 weeks before opening day. The lady I spoke with went out on the floor and took a replacement off the line and sent it to me right away.No charge.I split the stock due to my own ignorance too.

Turkey Trot

Arrowslanger:

Now you have a new gun that can be sold for good value, and that gives you choices.  You can then take the money and buy a Beretta, Benelli or other gun from a manufacturer that takes quality and customer dealings seriously.

I've had my problems with Remington, and don't personally know anyone that has had a good experience with the company when something went wrong.  I will never buy another new gun from it.   
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter