turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prayer Request - Officer Killed in the line of duty

Started by Old Gobbler, March 13, 2014, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Guys I have some very sad news to share , Tim Bullock a callmaker and a member of our online family here on OG asked me to share this information with the forum - I would like to ask all of you to keep the Officer Jason Crisp , his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers in their time of great need  :cross2:  --- Shannon

Officer Jason Crisp was shot and killed in Burke County, North Carolina, while participating in the manhunt for a subject who had murdered his parents.

Yesterday Myself and other officers responded to "Officer Down " Call in Burke County Officers,  several agencies were searching for the subject after the bodies of his parents were located in their home in the 5000 block of Fish Hatchery Road. The man had previously served one year in prison on a manslaughter charge for a murder he committed in 1997.

Officer Crisp and several other officers located the subject in the area of Fish Hatchery Road and Pea Ridge Road, Officer Crisp and his K9 tracked the man and were ambushed in the thick woods, they never had a chance. . Officer Crisp and his K9 were fatally wounded during the exchange of gunfire.

The subject then stole Officer Crisp's service weapon and extra magazines before fleeing further into the woods. We tracked him a short time later and he was set up in the woods with Officer Crisp gun and one more handgun,  and was shot and killed when he opened fire . I ask that you pray for Officer Crisp Family, He was a God fearing Christian man that loved his job and would help anyone..This tragedy has hit all of us here hard....I came home last night and hugged my family and didnt want to let them go...
Officer Crisp is survived by his wife and 2 children....
Officer Jason Crisp END OF WATCH 3/12/14    Rest in Peace my friend.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/22038-officer-jason-crisp#ixzz2vqVl10ch
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

CrustyRusty

Oh this is so sad.  I am so sorry for this great loss that his family is going through.  I am retired now after over 35 years here in NY and sadly have seen many tragedies.  Nothing compares to this kind of loss and my deepest prayers go out to him, his family ,coworkers and friends.

tomstopper

More prayers being sent from NY. My condolences for his family. Sad that b/c of a scumbag, 2 children and his family will be deprived of a great man....

Hognutz

Prayers for Officer Crisp and his family. My heart aches for them. So, so sad. :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

longbeard11

So sad!!! Will most definitely be in prayer for the officer and his family!!! 

I have several police officers that are very close friends of mine that I attend church with, and to see this happen is just a shame!! I lost one of my great friends last year when he was shot and killed in the line of duty. I fished with him alot and it was and still is very hard to this day on me and anyone that knew him, still hard to believe it happened.  Very sad, but the Lord knows the reasoning behind it and he has the master plan.

turkeyfoot

This happened next to me so sad family will need all the prayers you can send the wold just isn't fair in situations like this

Flydown

bamagtrdude

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Tail Feathers

RIP Officer Crisp.

:mycross:  Prayers for his family, friends and co-workers.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Iowaturkey

Rem Man

Prayers sent!! being a Police Officer myself I can tell you it is a very DANGEROUS JOB!! and keeps getting worse. May God be with he and his family. I work in a bad city where shootings and stabbings are a common call you just never know, you just pray that the good lord above gets you home every day from your shift. There are alot of scary times when on your way to a call your mind is going a million different ways (WHAT IF)

I had an eldlery man once tell me (Young Man you couldn't pay me a million dollars to walk down these streets one time, I told the man thank you sir but we do it every day for alot less money!)

I ask all of you to please just take a moment and pray for us, that the lord watches over us. THANK YOU!  AND GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Bigspurs68

Very very sad. Thoughts and prayers go out from my family to all those who were close to him.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Deputy 14

Prayers sent to your family brother, thank you for your service.  :policeman: