OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Greater Adoption (MUST READ!!!)

Started by longbeard11, March 13, 2014, 11:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

As most may know my wife and I are currently in the process of going through adopting a child.  We have been through many ups and downs along the way so far and have many people praying for and helping us along the way.  One of my close brothers in Christ shared this with me this week and it brought me to tears, just an absolutely awesome piece on adoption and how it is a picture of the gospel.  See, we as christians are all adopted and for us who are getting ready to adopt we are actually in a way living out what Christ did for us, he adopted us! Thank you Father!!! 

Just take a few minutes and read this article for yourself, it wont take you long, its short.  And while you read think about what it is saying and say thank you to our Father for adopting us through the blood of his son.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2014/03/12/delighting-in-the-greater-adoption/

turkeykiller22

That was an awesome read. Thank you so much for sharing!! Being adopted by the Creator is a wonderful thing that I am so thankful for. Hope your adoption goes well and you are able to show the love of Christ to your child!

Thanks again for sharing!
-Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

longbeard11

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!  For me personally this really touched me strait to my heart! Adoption is a picture of the gospel, and being able to live that out and watch it all take place overwhelms me. 

I like the part in there saying as a baby she was unable to show any reason for her to be adopted or to be loved, yet her adopting parents adopted and loved her anyways.  And God did the same for us! How unworthy are we to be adopted by the King of Kings and the Creator of the Universe? We cant do anything to show him we should be loved or adopted, yet he did it anyways and that is truly awesome!! 

Hognutz

Thanks for sharing that. It was a refreshing breath of air in the middle of my day. My parents cared for 155 foster children. Giving them a warm, loving Christian home, before their adoptive day came.
Congrats and warm wishes to you and your family.. :cross2:

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

longbeard11

Sometimes with our lifes being so busy its good to just sit back and read something like this and just look up and say "Thank you Father for saving me from the misery I would be in without you".  If my wife and I can adopt a baby I hope that one day they can look at us and say the same to us and we can just smile and raise them in a Christian home full of love and tell them we were all adopted.  Pretty awesome stuff!!

Awesome about your parents! Man thats alot of kids that they gave a chance in this world, thats what its all about man!! We are to be Christ like, so we should want to give people that safe place and that chance at life full of love. 

Quote from: Hognutz on March 13, 2014, 02:45:25 PM
Thanks for sharing that. It was a refreshing breath of air in the middle of my day. My parents cared for 155 foster children. Giving them a warm, loving Christian home, before their adoptive day came.
Congrats and warm wishes to you and your family.. :cross2:

Mike